Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Registering and activating an account on the irctc site
Notices

Registering and activating an account on the irctc site

Oct 18th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Registering and activating an account on the irctc site

Is there a way to bypass entering a mobile phone number when registering/creating an account on the site? The site was supposed to send me a mobile password so that I can activate my account in order to book train tickets, but I have not received it. I registered twice, using different email accounts each time, but am still not getting any mobile password sent. So now I have two irctc accounts created that I cannot activate and hence cannot book any train ticket on cleartrip.com (when I attempt to book a train ticket on cleartrip, it asked to to log into my irctc account).
Oct 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM

Are you inside India? Because you need to give irctc an Indian cell to get an SMS reply.
If you are trying to buy ticket from outside India, use the following procedure to first register so then you can buy tickets through clear trip account.

"send an email to IRCTC customer care ([email protected], or try [email protected]) quoting your new IRCTC user name (remember that it's case-sensitive), attaching a scan of your passport, and asking them to send you the SMS OTP by email.  The passport scan must be less than 1Mb in size and emailed as an attachment, not embedded in the email.  You'll receive an immediate automated reply, and you'll eventually receive an email from their customer care team with the all-important SMS OTP.  Some people receive this within 24-36 hours with no problem, others spend a week having to badger them with chase-up emails - but just do what you have to, but get them to send you the necessary SMS OTP!  Ignore any comments in the email from IRCTC about only accepting Amex cards, as you'll be using Cleatrip with Visa or Matsercard, won't you?"

For detailed procedure, go to seat61.com--- it works.
Oct 20th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Magical.

Yes, I emailed my passport and IRCTC usename to the irctc email account, and they sent me the SMS OTP today. I'll try to book train tickets again on the cleartrip site later.
Aug 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM

I've tried this and it keeps saying my mobile OTP isn't correct. What should I do?

Search this Thread