Search

Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau

Hi !

I'm a student planning a trip to HK and Macau in the last week of September. Can someone recommend a good place to stay and suggestions for the must see places and things to do ??
Old Jul 7th, 2015, 08:39 AM

Do you gave a guidebook yet? That is the best resource for "must-see" places. Everyone's must-sees are different you have to decide for yourself after reading about the places.

Finding lodging within your budget will likely be the hardest task, as hotels in Hong Kong are very expensive. What is your budget per night?
Old Aug 3rd, 2015, 04:06 PM

Agree hotels in HK are pricey, however, the farther north in Kowloon you go, the more moderate the price. We stayecd at the Langham place Hotel and found it to be an excellent value, although still a bit pricey.
AS far as must see's I highly recommend the BigBus hop-on, hop-off tour. While such hop-on/off ideas in other cities are a bit overpriced and gimmicky, this service hits all the highlights and the narration is excellent. Do this the first dday you are there, then everything else during your stay will make more sense. I'll post more in a sep trip report.
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 02:18 PM

The Salisbury YMCA is a great place to stay. I paid $165.00 for a single room and it is right on the water and close to the subway and ferry. Too much to do there to list here. So get a guide book and narrow down your interests and then come back here for any questions you may have.
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 03:07 PM

Dbacks, Unless the water has risen substantially, the Salisbury is a few blocks from the water. Some rooms do have water views.
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 07:32 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>the Salisbury is a few blocks from the water. Some rooms do have water views.<<

Not 'blocks' -- it is basically across the street from the Harbor on Salisbury Rd. Now, the Cultural Centre and museum do fill the 200 or 250 feet between Salisbury Rd and the waterside -- but it is as close to the water as the Peninsula is.

And the water view rooms do have AMAZING water views.
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 08:03 PM

Salisbury is right next to Peninsula. Same view, same distance from water.
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 06:43 AM

Yes, it is as close to the water as the Pen is. The Pen is also not on the water.

I guess "right on the water" means something different to me than it does to others.
Old Aug 7th, 2015, 07:22 AM

It is not "right on the water" like the IC across Salisbury Rd or the Harbour Grand in Hung Hom. But it is not "a few blocks" either. Let's put it to rest.