Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Ratt's B and B in Bangkok (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/ratts-b-and-b-in-bangkok-311812/)

glorialf Feb 26th, 2008 07:17 AM

Ratt's B and B in Bangkok

I don't think this constitutes advertising since it isn't for me and since so many of us know Ratt but I just got an email from her and here's a link to a page with photos.

http://www.ratservice.com/bb.aspx

The price is 1200 Baht/night for 2 people. It is 1 km from Choapraya river and 1.5KM to the Oriental. It has 7 rooms and price includes
American breakfast, rice congee, fruit, coffee, milk, cereal and Wireless internet.

rhkkmk Feb 26th, 2008 08:56 AM

gloria...thanks for posting this...ratt is a friend of fodors so we need to patronize our friends who provide the good services we have come to respect and expect...

rhkkmk Feb 26th, 2008 09:00 AM

SO WHO WILL BE FIRST TO STAY THERE?? i bet it will be perfect for budget accomocations, without any backpacker feel....

ken i think it would be perfect for you???

Guenmai Feb 26th, 2008 09:45 AM

Good for her! Happy Travels!

Kathie Feb 26th, 2008 09:47 AM

I'll also be interested to hear about people's experiences there. It does look like nice budget accomodations.

rhkkmk Feb 26th, 2008 10:09 AM

i nominate guen...

hawaiiantraveler Feb 26th, 2008 10:20 AM

bob, aren't you going to bkk in a few of weeks????.....I know you can squeeze in an extra day now that you have nothing to do but count your money :)

the place looks marvelous!

Aloha!

kuranosuke Feb 26th, 2008 10:48 AM

bob, you fickle man. first me, then guen. lol.

some questions:

-is there a single rate?

-how easy to the skytrain?

-how easily will a cab find this place

-any good dining places in the immediate area

-any long term rates

-are guests welcome for an overnite stay? ahem, not for me, thinking about my cousin and his single friends....oh, forget this question, do want to turn this lovely place turned into a recreation facility. lol

kuranosuke Feb 26th, 2008 10:59 AM

i looked at the photos again, and it looks like a very nice place for the price. cheaper, and much nicer than the other suites that i stay at.

i do think the pool is a tad too tiny for bob, and it looks like he would be doing the luca brazi routine like what tessio said, "he swims with the fishes". lol

glorialf Feb 26th, 2008 11:00 AM

I won't be in bangkok until late November but I'm thinking I might stay there for 2 mights out of the 9 mainly to support Ratt but also to save some money. :-) Knowing Ratt she will have made sure that things are done right and she I bet she will bend over backwards for all of us. I don't know how close it is to the skytrain but she told me not to worry about getting places from there. :-)

thursdaysd Feb 26th, 2008 01:05 PM

Looks very nice. It also looks to be quite close to the Menam Riverside - I've stayed at the Menam, which is close to a ferry pier - Wat Yannawa, I believe. You need to take the boat to get to the skytrain terminal at Taksin.

Guenmai Feb 26th, 2008 04:50 PM

Bob...They'd have to put screens on the windows first...geckos...yuck...I detest the critters. Happy Travels!

dogster Feb 26th, 2008 06:38 PM

I used to live in Cairns - in the tropics - with several million geckos. Did you know, Guenmai, that geckos EAT their babies?

I've seen it.

That was the day I turned on the geckos. They're very hard to catch with a vacuum cleaner, tho'.

Guenmai Feb 26th, 2008 07:05 PM

No, I didn't know that they ate their babies. Now that I know there are millions in Cairns, I'll have to stay out of there.
I'd rather come face to face with a lion than a gecko or a lizard. Had enough of that during two trips to Ghana where the monster lizards live! They were everywhere. I later found out that the hotel that I had first selected had been built on a previous lizard reserve....they kind of left that fact out of the description of the place. So, the lizards didn't leave. They were permanent residents.
I never realized that there were that many different types of lizards in the lizard kingdom....every color and type. I just had to program my mind to think that I was in a Fear Factor episode, but without a chance of winning the big money! Smiles. Happy Travels!

rhkkmk Feb 26th, 2008 08:01 PM

guen...i have been training one for you as a pet....to date he can say your name and he loves southern CA....i will bring him to HI to meet you, if he is ready...

bmttokyo Feb 26th, 2008 08:48 PM

Too bad. Just finished booking our stay in early March at the HI BKK. This could have been a much cheaper , homier feel alternative. Certainly worth looking into the next time we visit.

Hanuman Feb 26th, 2008 10:45 PM

dogster,

Cairns is my favourite and the city that I have visited the most in Oz!

kuranosuke Feb 27th, 2008 08:20 AM

how would i contact her to make reservations.

glorialf Feb 27th, 2008 08:32 AM

[email protected] or [email protected]

Ue my name(gloria) at fodors.

travelduo Feb 27th, 2008 08:39 AM

we got this email also....but not sure how we got it since we have never been in contact with ratt before!

Bob, have you been selling our email address again?????