Rajasthan - what to see in 7 days

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 10:09 AM
Dimple

Rajasthan - what to see in 7 days

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to visit Rajasthan for 7 days. We have a few places in mind like Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur and we are undecided between Mt.abu and Jodhpur. We would really appreciate some suggestions. Is there anything else we are missing out on? We are planning to fly between cities to save time, is that a good idea? Also, how much can we possibly do in this short time?

Thanks.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 10:52 AM
cirocrauste

Hi Dimple

We had a tour of Rajasthan recently though I recon 7 days ain't to much time , it is possible to do 3 cities depending upon which ones you choose. Our travel organiser suggested us a few programs perhaps you would need the itinereries ....?

E-mail me if you need the same.

Ciro

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 11:38 AM
maria

Hi Maria!

Jodhpur is better...Go for it. Take a flight from Delhi to Udaipur and come down to Jodhpur and then Jaisalmer, Bikaner and jaipur. You will love it. And dont miss village safari in Jodhpur.

Regards,

Maria

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 12:15 PM
robinson_rain

Hello Dimple,

Maria is right. Go for Jodhpur. I suggest add up a few more days to your program - you would love Rajasthan.

Cheers!

Robin

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Dimple

Thanks every body, I have decided to drop Mt.Abu and go to Jodhpur instead. Time, unfortanety is really tight, so I dont know whether I will be able to spend more time there. Any other recommendations?

-Dimple

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 12:58 AM
niki

I went to Rajastan 5 years ago for my honey moon and it was so good that we are going back again this year for a 5 yr anniversary trip. Last time we went to Jaipur and Jodphur as well as Jaiselmer.
The highlight was jaiselmer which was so amazing- just like the Arabian Nights come to life. Just incredible. A living fort in the desert, narrow streets, camels everywhere, colors that hurt your eyes.
In jodphur we stayed at the Ajit Bhawan haveli which was lovely. They were very friendly and we stayed in a tent in the garden! Not like any tent you would think of - very comfy and warm. In the evenings we would go to the central courtyard and have a banquet dinner with all the other guests and enjoy an indian bbq buffet with dancing and music. It was fab.
Jaipur was also a great city- called the pink city as it mainly washed in pink shades (jodphur is called the blue city for the same reasons). Stayed at a small haveli called Samode Haveli. Absolutely brilliant.
Cannot recommend it highly enough.
Ate so well I gained weight.
This year we are off to Rajasthan again in December. To Jaipur, Jaiselmer and this time Bikaner.
We are planning a camel safari.
Overnight in the desert.
cant wait.