Reload this Page >

Bangkok to Phuket or Ko Samui?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Dee

<BR>I have been reading the message board recently & the advice you people give is fantastic. I was wondering if some of you would mind giving me some advice? <BR><BR>I am leaving Bangkok & heading for the Islands in Southern Thailand in June. Which ones are the best ones to visit? I've heard Phuket is a bit touristy? Ko Phi Phi is supposed to be great? How long does it take to get to them from Bangkok? Is there a website that would tell me when the full moon parties are?<BR><BR>Any advice would be greatly welcome as I've never been in Thailand/South East Asia!!!

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Neil

Dee<BR>Ko Samui is fast becoming very touristy, I was there last xmas and they was just putting the final touchesto a new Mcdonalds Restaurant,watch out for used needles on the beaches be careful were you walk,you get a little hassle from the beach sellers but you get that anywere, the night life was lively and varied, the restaurants were cheap and served exellent food, there was a full moon party which was at the begining of Jan but could not tell you how often they take place,personally I enjoyed the Island but would not make a second trip, Phuket I have not been but like you have heard its more touristy out of the two, Have a great time were ever you end up,<BR><BR>Regards Neil

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Neil

Dee<BR>Ko Samui is fast becoming very touristy, I was there last xmas and they was just putting the final touches to a new Mcdonalds Restaurant,watch out for used needles on the beaches be careful were you walk,you get a little hassle from the beach sellers but you get that anywere, the night life was lively and varied, the restaurants were cheap and served exellent food, there was a full moon party which was at the begining of Jan but could not tell you how often they take place,personally I enjoyed the Island but would not make a second trip, Phuket I have not been but like you have heard its more touristy out of the two, Have a great time were ever you end up,<BR><BR>Regards Neil

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:20 AM
Dee

Thanks a million Neil. Thats scary about the needles!!!

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 04:12 AM
Ursula

Dee: Agree that both are touristy. However, depending on where you will stay, it's more quiet. Avoid Patong on Phuket. Bang Tao is still a relatively quiet oasis.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 05:15 AM
Katie

Kata Beach on Phuket is very nice. We stayed at the Kata Thani hotel and really liked it.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 05:38 AM
Ursula

Katie: Funny you should mention the Kata Thani. A work colleague of mine just came back and loved it as well.