Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   R/T To Singapore $250/person 7/1-8/31 (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/r-t-to-singapore-250-person-7-1-8-31-a-326292/)

travelbear Jun 11th, 2003 07:36 AM

R/T To Singapore $250/person 7/1-8/31

Just got travelzoo's weekly best fares e-mail and my eyes just about popped out of my head when I saw this one! Unfortunately, I am booked solid during the two months of travel, but perhaps someone has a little more flexibility built in. Here is the deal:

"You can fly out of any of four US gateways: San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Newark. But you must act fast -- Singapore Airlines has only allocated 2,000 round-trip Economy Class seats at this special fare. Valid for outbound travel July 1 through August 31 (Return 30 days or less).

Offer ends Saturday, June 14 at midnight PT, or while supplies last."

How to book:
Go to www.singaporeair.com/usa to book online. Alternatively, you can call 1-800-742-3333. However, please note fares are $40 higher per-person when booking through the telephone.

After the first 2,000 seats are gone, the fare goes up to the $499 rate (also limited and may not be available on every flight)."

bunchargum Jun 11th, 2003 07:58 AM

They are trying to get people going to Singapore again, after the SARRS scare.

I was in Singapore in 1999, found it a great city, though rainy and hot all the time. Very modern and great for people who speak only English. It was also a great place to check out Bali, or Malaysia which are very cheap!

kikahead Jun 11th, 2003 07:37 PM

Did anyone try to book this fare? I have been trying all evening and cannot get through--just wondering if anyone had any luck!

tarocake Jun 11th, 2003 07:56 PM

I was able to book the flight but i did it in the afternoon. (it actually showed up a few times but usually on a weekday).

i just posted askinng about referrals to singapore travel agents since I'm just using Singapore as a transit

there are only 2,000 tickets for this deal so it might be gone by now but it never hurts to keep trying.

travelbear Jun 12th, 2003 08:49 AM

Tarocake,

I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of this deal, believe me, if it were just one month later I would be there, but as it was, I just got done paying for Thailand in February and trying to book another trip on such short notice would have been murder on the credit rating. When you get back, I would very much enjoy seeing pictures and/or hearing how the trip went overall.

Anyone else get lucky and land this deal?

kikahead Jun 12th, 2003 11:01 AM

Nope. By the time I got through I could only find trips priced at $7,000 for two coach tickets. :((

tarocake Jun 13th, 2003 02:52 PM

Hi Travelbear,

thanks for the note. I actually went to SE Asia last year on Malaysia airlines airpass and been to the region several times before that.

I'm using singapore as a transit point to either the maldives or mauritius (went to maldives last year and it was great!).

also considering a side trip to thailand maybe ko samui or krabi and maybe if indonesia.. but indonesia seesm to be touristy and I don't want to be bother getting hassled.

the flights were a very good deal, came out to 615 including taxes for my husband and I.

thanks