So, I finally have our itinerary set. I figured we will probably never go back to this part of the world because a. United is changing their points system and it'll be harder to travel with my hubby's free mileage and b. There are too many other places I want to see and so little time (and even less money). WIth that in mind (and we're traveling end of July beginning August), we've decided on:
1- Arrive in Kuala Lumpur and stay for 3 nights (1 day trip to Melaka and possibly Batu Caves, Petronas Towers, there's a city tour that people on trip advisor seem to rave about);
2- 3 nights in Penang;
3- Fly to Thailand (this part depends on flight costs as to what comes first) 4 nights Chaing Mai;
4- 2 nights Bangkok (would love to squeeze a day trip to Ayutthaya here but must do grand palace, Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho);
5- 4 nights Ko Samui (it'll be Mansoon season so that's why we chose this island rather than Phuket is this a good choice?);
6- 1 night in Kuala Lumpur (before returning home and nope we can't change the outbound flight).
So, that's our 17 nights. Suggestions for what to do? Where to stay? I'm trying to balance my hubby's "let's take it easy and relax" attitude with my "get up! There's so much to do!" attitude.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Question re. fees at BOM
- 2 9 days in Japan in April
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 6 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 7 Spa Bangkok
- 8 Internet in SE Asia
- 9 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 10 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 11 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 12 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 13 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 14 need your help with japan itinerary
- 15 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 16 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 17 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 18 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 19 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 20 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 21 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 22 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 23 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia