Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Question on proper dress on board a Yangtzee River Cruise

Question on proper dress on board a Yangtzee River Cruise

Aug 26th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Duke

Question on proper dress on board a Yangtzee River Cruise

We will be on this cruise next week. What have you found to be the proper dress for the evening meals? Sport coats needed or is everyone casual, even at Captain's night? Our ship will be part of the Regal Line.

Aug 26th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Nick

Casual dress is all that is required. Of course I don't mean cutoffs or athletic shirts! The food is quite good, my wife and I really enjoyed the trip. It is well worth the extra few bucks to upgrade your cabin to a suite, it really is well worth the money. We did the trip last year(2001) Have fun.

Aug 26th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Elizabeth

Both Regal and Victoria lines request "Smart Casual" although I've seen dress range from shorts to sequined, spaghetti-strapped tops. Both stuck out like sore thumbs. Unless you want to bring along a jacket (men)/nice dress and shoes (women) for a big night out in Hong Kong or another very cosmopolitan city, don't bother just for the cruise. Most men will be wearing a polo or dress shirt, a few with ties and most women wear skirts or outfits made a little fancier with a scarf etc.

Aug 26th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Mike

In May we did the upstream cruise on the Regal China Cruises, Princess Elaine. The dress was real casual. Even on the special nights no one was dressed up. The night of the Captains reception, I seen a few coats, but the majority was casual. One word of advice , If you can afford the $800 USD upgrade to get a suite it is well worth it. The standard rooms are really small.

Search this Thread