Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Purchase bus tickets in advance for Singapore to Malaysia trip?
Notices

Purchase bus tickets in advance for Singapore to Malaysia trip?

Aug 30th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Purchase bus tickets in advance for Singapore to Malaysia trip?

I'm traveling to Singapore and Malaysia in December between the 7th and the 21st. Should I book my bus ride ahead of time or can I wait until I get there? We'll spend 4 days in Singapore first and then will take our first bus. I would plan on purchasing the tix there at least 3 days before our first ride, but just want to make sure the buses wouldn't be overbooked if I waited until then. Thanks in advance for the advice!
Aug 30th, 2006, 08:35 PM

If you plan to travel over weekends, then you should book your tickets as early as you can. Note that December is the school holidays for both Malaysia and Singapore so tickets may go fast regardless of weekends or weekdays.

However, most bus companies (in my experience) only allow bookings 3-4 weeks prior to your date of travel. So you can't exactly book too early either.

I suggest you check the websites of some companies frequently closer to the date and monitor the number of seats available? Only a couple of bus companies have that facility though.

www.plusliner.com
www.aeroline.com.sg

Travelling WITHIN Malaysia itself would be slightly easier as there are cheap buses galore, and also the train.

Sep 1st, 2006, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Janna for the advice!

Search this Thread