Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Please Recommend: Inexpensive, "Comfortable" Hotel in Bangalore

Please Recommend: Inexpensive, "Comfortable" Hotel in Bangalore

Dec 2nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Original Poster
Please Recommend: Inexpensive, "Comfortable" Hotel in Bangalore

I'll be traveling around in India, & Sri Lanka from mid-Jan to end-Feb. I'll be needing an inexpensive, "comfortable" hotel upon arrival into Bangalore. Would also appreciate any country-specific advice on must-see sights, or other hotels in Varanasi, Agra, Columbo, Goa. Also, airport taxi advice when it's in the middle of the night. Thank You!
Dec 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
I would recommend you pick up a guide book on India & Srilanka.Work out an itinerary.Tell us what interest you.What takes you the places you've mentioned above.You'll get heaps of advise here.
Whats your budget for the hotel in Bangalore?Taxis are aplenty,whatever time of the night,in Bangalore.
Dec 3rd, 2009, 05:57 AM
I wouldn´t reccomend cheap accomodation in India ($30/40), but it´s entirely up to you and how much you appreciate hygeine, a clean mattress along with sheets and pillows, AC, a hot shower, and a western-style toilet. Hotels in Bangalore tend to be a bit more expensive than in other cities, think around u$s 80/night. There are also some serviced apartments, a bit more expensive though. Keep in mind that wherever you decide to stay, the staff there will make their best to make you confortable and happy during your stay.
Once in Bangalore, a must see is the city of Mysore, just about 3 hours away, and there´re many more interesting places around.
As for Goa, are you going to the north or to the south?
About transport, there´re many taxis at the airport and drivers will jump on you offering their services, and there´re some other options. I´ve been living in Bangalore for the past two years and I always use www.airliftonline.com, which allows you to book round trips from and to the airport.
You should read some guides before coming, this country is amazing and is worth a visit, but it really pays to be aware of such a different culture and other things before arriving here. Don´t forget your visa!
Dec 8th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Hello Dear there is some INEXPENSIVE HOTEL's

Ramee Guestline Hotel
Ramada Bangalore
The Orchard Suites Sankey Road

Search this Thread