place to stay cultural triangle Sri Lanka

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI! Looking for recommendations for somewhere to stay in December that we can access most of the cultural triangle easily from - preferably one place, off the beaten path is fine, as "Sri Lankan" as poss, we're 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 2 children so if a hotel, adjoining room for the children but maybe there's a lovely guesthouse anyone knows about (staying with our children in one room isn't great fun!)

Thankyou!
Old Apr 27th, 2018, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stayed in Dambulla for four nights, at the suggestion of Kathie, a devoted poster here. It turned out to be a good location, because there is a small town there with shops and restaurants. I stayed at the Dambulla Rock Arch, which is a guesthouse just off the main street. It's an authentic Sri Lankan guesthouse, with a very friendly couple as owners. There are some suite rooms, which I do not believe, actually connect. If you grab two of those, you should be fine. The lady owner insisted on doing my laundry every day, and at the end of the visit, she wanted to take a selfie with me. The only minus, is that I thought the breakfast was a little skimpy. There was a small omelet, a little fruit, and several pieces of toast. I found it to be too much starch and not enough protein, so I would plan on having some extra snacks mid-morning.