Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Pinnacle Resort, Jomtien Beach, Thailand

Pinnacle Resort, Jomtien Beach, Thailand

Nov 1st, 2005, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Pinnacle Resort, Jomtien Beach, Thailand

Saw some good stuff here about Jomtien & being married to a person who loves watching (yes, JUST watching) those tiny Thai girls pole-dance, then a visit to Pattaya was a necessity, for him, at least. (Men?!)

Ok so wot's the gos on Jomtien? James & Bob, you appear to like the place.

We've booked through sawadee.com for Pinnacle. Before we pay I'd love some info, please.

Seems good value at US40 per night. Any nicer places? Not looking for a Marriott as we plan to be either on the beach, sleeping, or sipping Margaritas in the bars or shopping! Thanks buddies!
Nov 1st, 2005, 01:37 PM

Pinnacle is reasonable value for the price, at the way end Jomtien South.
Hotels in Jomtein and Pattaya are quite honestly real cheap !! USD 25-50 going rate even peak season, They have to cater to the huge local Thai market and also to the North Asian market, contrary to what people think the majority of visitors especially weekends around Jomtien are local residents from Bangkok , plus lots of visitors from taiwan, HK, Malaysia/SIN, China, Korea etc etc, hence the prices remain very low indeed !!

Pinnacle has a couple of pools and tennis courts etc and very good location beachwise, good choice.
I think you've made a good choice !!

The Grand Jomtein Palace, the Chalet wing or cottages, should be around the same price, very busy and popular place, large and busy, but I think you really would get the best of all worlds at the Pinnacle.

Do go see the Alankarn Show, it really is amazing Thai stage performance:

http://www.alangkarnthailand.com/main.htm

For the large Vegas style shows in Pattaya Tiffany's and Alcazar

http://www.tiffany-show.co.th/intro.htm

Lots of day trips, Nong Nooch Park, also Mini Siam is close to Pattaya, also Underwaterworld if you like fish!

You'll find drinks cheap compared to other places! Lots of Cocktails....

Great place for seafood is Nong Nual. Lots of huge shopping malls, dinner also try PIC Kitchen Pattaya and Ruen Thai for Thai classic dance, lots of places with Thai dance, music etc. For offshore beach Koh Larn Island.

When are you coming?????
Nov 1st, 2005, 01:41 PM

From BKK you can take express bus or taxi or limo, mid day weekdays about 90 minutes. from the elevated highway you will see the new airport area and good to note just 'how close' it will be to Jomtien when the new Bankok Airport opens. Bring B 750,000 and buy a condo studio!! Haha...I am just about to buy another one..
Nov 1st, 2005, 09:40 PM
Original Poster

Hi JamesA, thanks a lot for the replies.

We arrive Jomtien Dec 10 for 3 nights then need to hightail it back to Bangers for our evening flight to Colombo. Do you live in Jomtien or are you going to be there then? Would love to catch up for a coldie!

Is the bus to Pattaya from Ekamai? I heard the airport bus to Pattaya is not running now.

We fly in from Phnom Penh & wanted to catch a bus either from the airport or Mo Chit, soon after.

Do you have perm residency status? I want to buy a condo for 750,000 baht! But a block of land in Sri Lanka is calling! Maybe I can get my builder partner to do something with those old tools! I prefer pole houses to anything else. Preparing for the next tsunami!

Starting to think I don't need more than a backpack and some good clothes, 4 pairs of Italian shoes & a pair of tevas. Too many houses & condos is not good for one! Just kidding! Been there and done that!

Search this Thread