Phuket JW Marriott

Mar 25th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Phuket JW Marriott

Has anyone stayed at the new JW Marriot Resort in Phuket or know anything about this resort? it just opened and I know very little about it and I am planning a trip to that region for later this year. Thanks.
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:43 AM

I have stayed at the JW Marriott in Phuket twice, both times in early 2002 just after they opened. This is the first new hotel built on Phuket in 10 years and has beautiful grounds and several pools. There is a kids club and a children's' area in the large swimming pool. There are several restaurants and an excellent spa. There is a turtle preserve next door. There are tennis courts. The hotel is near the Blue Canyon Golf Club, the best course on the island (IMHO), and you can get playing privileges. The hotel is trying to establish a customer base and is offering very good prices. There are regular rooms which are a good size with a small balcony as well as a small indoor lanai area. There are also 2-bedroom villas with kitchens which might be a good option for a family. (There are part of the timeshare portion of the resort, but can be rented if available. I believe they are called Marriot's Phuket Beach Club.) If you have Marriott Rewards points, you can use them as well.

Drawbacks are it's location (north of the airport and bit out of the action), and while the beach is very beautiful and as there is nothing else in sight so there is a lot of privacy, the surf has quite a strong undertow; I would not let young children swim in the ocean.

Search this Thread