Reload this Page > Phuket, Bangkok, Changi Mai, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Kualalumpar
Notices

Phuket, Bangkok, Changi Mai, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Kualalumpar

Jan 16th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Phuket, Bangkok, Changi Mai, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Kualalumpar

Hi there looking at travelling to the above places end of May

Schedule is as follows:

25 May- 1 Jun Sydney- Phuket (Stay here 8 says) Have been here before so have this sorted

1 June-4 June Phuket - Changi Mai (Havent been here before no idea were to go)

4 June- 8 June Changi Mai- Kualalumpar (Havent been here before either)

8 June-12 June Kualalumpar- Ho Chi Minh City-

12 June- 17 June Hanoi

17 June- 21 June Bangkok

4 days left prior to returning home

My questions firstly are does the above seem like enough time in each place? Whats better south or north vietnam and is Kualalumpar and Changi Mai worth the visit?

Thanks
Jan 16th, 2012, 10:22 PM

Depend what you are looking for, all great places to visit. I think best you cut out one place and take your time to thoroughly enjoying. Some people really prefer to see a lot of different cities/countries and others just into really enjoying one place at a time, really depend.

North VN- more nature, people much more reserved, visit Sapa/Victoria Train ride, Hoa Lu Tam Coc, Vinh Ha Long.

So VN- Bustling cities, people willing to spend & enjoying much more. Cao Dai Temple, Can Tho, Vung Tau, Phan Thiet for beach, Nha Trang

KL- One of my all time favorite cities as a city slicker, easy to travel around, nice busses/sky train systems, nice hotels, great shopping, good food, fireflies in Kuala Selangor, and less chaotic than VN traffic jam. Stay in Bukit Bintang area! From there you can go to Cameron Highlands, Malacca, Penang, via their easy bus system.

Chiang Mai- elephant camp, nigh zoo safari, Karen people - your $ go really far in this place, my favorite place to stay is Shewe Wana, tons of nice hotels there, but Shewe Wana is quaint, affordable especially package deal, good location and attentive staffs.
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:43 AM

Guidebooks. Get guidebooks for all of the places you plan to visit. Just reading here won't give you enough info. That will help you to decide where to go. I'm not fond of CM, a couple of days is more than enough for me, but some people love it. If you tend to get overwhelmed by big cities, you'll find CM much more manageable (and if you love big cities, you may get bored).

Likewise for KL. Guidebooks often talk about it as the most manageable of the SE Asia capitals. My experience in KL is that there seems to be much less to see than I think there "should be." Each time I visit, I feel like I must have missed something - lol. It does have great food and great hotels that are reasonably priced.

Search this Thread