Phuket

Nov 20th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Geraldine Young

Phuket

Am thinking of going to Phuket next July/August am looking for the area to stay in that would have a lot of Golf Courses Can anyone help me out any advice would be appreciated also hotels that you know to be
1st class

Nov 20th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Hanuman

The golf courses in Phuket are pretty much spread around the island. Blue Canyon - probably the best is near the airport. Loch Palm, nice and scenic, is towards the city center. Phuket Country Club is also near there. Banyan Tree course is situated in the Lagoon area but the course is not that great. Tia Muang is towards Panga, about 1 hour from the airport.

Both Blue Canyon and Banyan Tree have their own hotel. If you stay in any good hotel around Phuket then you can afford to rent yourself a car with driver(about 1,500 baht per day) and you'll only be about 1/2 hour away from the golf courses.

Nov 30th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Nancy

Dear Geraldine:

There are not actually a lot of golf courses on Phuket. Hua Hin (south coast of Thailand on the South China Sea) might be a better destination for you if you really want to golf. I think there are like 15 courses in the area.

In Phuket, there is a brand new JW Marriott Resort on the beach and close to Blue Canyon (12-15 minutes). I believe they can get you tee times there. Check with the hotel. The JW also has timeshare units with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and full kitchens if you are interested in that.

The Banyan Tree is a beautiful resort, but the thread above says the course is not that great. The JW Marriott would be closer to the Blue Canyon, which Hanuman says is the best course. I am not a golfer myself, so can't give an opinion.

Hope this is helpful.

Search this Thread