Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Phillipine Travel Agency (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/phillipine-travel-agency-776211/)

MrsGibbons Mar 31st, 2009 09:15 AM

Phillipine Travel Agency

I am trying to reserve my honeymoon in the Phillipines. I am having great difficulty finding a travel agency that seems ligit. Does anyone know of a trust worthy source that can provide complete air (within the country) and luxury hotel accomodations?

Femi Mar 31st, 2009 09:23 AM

I also tried to book a vacation in the Philippines but didn't have much luck finding an appropriate agent for my itinerary. Looks like I'll be going on vacation somewhere else.

Kathie Mar 31st, 2009 11:14 AM

One of our regular posters here, BillT is married to a Philippina and has visited there a number of times. I know he has a family connection to someone at a travel agency in Manila. Hopefully, he'll see your post and give you the contact information.

Now that I think about it, I remember that he has posted that info before. Do a search for other posts on the Philippines and see if you can find it.

SirHalberd Apr 16th, 2009 08:22 PM

You can book your own flights to Manila pretty easy from your own country. You can also book a few nights in Manila from your own country.

In Manila there are travel agencies who will book tours for you and even accommodations if necessary. Some hotels have tour desks that can help you too! Also, some hotels have affiliated hotels in other places that they can recommend.

So, if you do not get any good hints on a particular travel agency you can also do it yourself from Manila - it's easy.

One travel agency that I have used in the past for tours is the Swagman Travel agency. I have visited two of their hotels, I think you can do better for the same price.(I stay in cheaper places than the Swagman.) That Swagman agency has been around for at least 10 years that I remember.

You could mention what areas of the Philippines you are interested in and see what recommendations come up for those locations. In Manila I always stay in the Ermita area. This area is not that far from the US Embassy, only 25 minutes or less from the airport. This area has hotels in many price ranges, they have restaurants, travel agencies and the Robinson Mall. This is a more touristy area with a few bars and nightclubs thrown into the mix. About a 15 minute walk to the MRT.

So, all is not lost!

doug_stallings Apr 17th, 2009 08:02 AM

I went to the Philippines last fall, and I booked everything myself. It was a snap to do the hotels online. I bought ferry tickets on the spot, though they could certainly be purchased a day or so in advance once you are on the ground. I booked one airline flight online with Cebu Pacific, but then I had a huge problem booking other flights myself. However, you can book Philippines Airline flights through their booking center in LA or use a US-based travel agent that specializes in the Philippines (easy if you are in LA, NYC, or NJ but difficult in other places). But you can't book Cebu Pacific flights through a travel agent, and I could never get the web site to work (we finally had family connections in Manila make our bookings).

BillT Apr 17th, 2009 09:55 AM

I'll give you my relative contact info - she works for American Express in manila and can help if you like. I'll post that soon.

BillT Apr 17th, 2009 09:56 AM

Here is her info: just tell her Uncle Bill sent you.
Myrna B. Casas

American Express - Adventure International Tours, Inc.

G/F Eurovilla 1, 142 Legaspi St. corner V.A. Rufino St.,

Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229 Philippines

Telephone: +632.8674743 or +632.8130414 Facsimile: +632.840.4322

Mobile: +639175310121

Email: [email protected] www.travelnow.ph

BillT Apr 18th, 2009 04:52 AM

Do a search on this forum for my trip reports to the Philippines- it will give you a number of ideas on what to do in and around Manila. To make these side trips you will need the services of a travel agent who can set you up with a car and driver. You do not want to drive in Manila by yourself. We stay in Makati- which is the part of Manila that has great shopping and hotels and restaurants. There are great areas like the Greenbelt and Glorieta in Makati- and if you are interested in jewelry no place - and I mean no place- beats Greenhills shopping area for deals on pearls! Greenhills is a 15 minute cab ride away from the Makati area but well worth the trip.

yondaimeful Jun 30th, 2009 09:05 PM

hmmm... just try this site.. triadvisor.com...
just browse this site...
@_@