Pathumwan Princess Hotel in Bangkok?

Oct 24th, 2000, 02:16 AM
Jim

Pathumwan Princess Hotel in Bangkok?

Anyone know anything about this hotel in Bangkok? It was recommended to me by a friend. Said it was close to MBK, but I don't know anything else about it. Thanks for any info.

Jim

Oct 24th, 2000, 06:13 AM
lynn

Hi Jim -

I looked it up and it seems pretty good. The location is excellent. From what I could tell, it's adjacent to MBK. It's in an area of the city called Siam Square. Very central to other activities and sites in all directions.

Go to asiatravel.com and you can look at pictures. I've never been to the hotel so I can't speak for the rooms in person, but it seems fine online.

Also, let me know if you have any other basic questions. We spent 10 days in BKK last year and are going back next month. I'd be happy to help if I can.

Lynn

Oct 24th, 2000, 08:33 AM
Jim

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for the info. I'm the same Jim from Singapore who requested your report earlier this week, only at a different email address. Did you get my mail with restaurant recommendations? Thanks for your report, it will come in very handy, lots of great tips. I'll let you know how things went next week.

Oct 25th, 2000, 08:59 PM
lynn

Hi Jim -

Yes I did. Thanks very much.

I've made note of them. Especially the seafood one. I've read in several places that this one is very good although a little out from the city.

Please do let me know how it goes.

Lynn

Oct 26th, 2000, 03:34 AM
pat

Jim
Indeed the hotel is in the same building as the MBK shopping centre, if you are going to stay there, it should be fine to commute to anywhere of the city. Closed to the BTS train station, and in the heart of shopping and entertainment area.

Nov 6th, 2000, 10:59 PM
Carmel

Jim,
I stayed at The Pathumwam Princess in August. It was an excellent location - -attached by walkway to the MBK shopping centre. As regards amenities the room was very comfortable. I requested an electric jug in my room. It was provided immediately and ever day the room was replenished with Tea coffee etc. Staff were very helpful.