passport has Israel stamps

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
passport has Israel stamps

We are planning a trip to Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia)next year. Are there any places that having a passport with stamps from Israeli immigration will be a problem? We are Jewish.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 10:11 AM

You will have absolutely no problem. Among the countries you have mentioned, the only muslim country is Malaysia. Malaysians are extremely hospitable people and malaysia a very cosmopolitan country, where the muslims, buddist, hindus, christian, etc.live together in perfect harmony.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 02:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I read in a few guidebooks when I was planning a trip there that, somewhat distressingly, Malaysia does not admit Israeli citizens. You may want to double check this.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 02:37 PM

I just realized that it's only your passports that have Israeli stamps. My guidebooks say nothing about not admitting people with Israeli stamps in their passports. The fact that you are Jewish will not matter, they will let you in. Besides, whenever entry papers ask religion (I don't recall if Malaysia's does) you can always do what I do and answer "none".
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 02:38 PM

not true, unless this is a new policy. In addition, the posting states that he has a passport with a stamp from Israeli immigration.I have traveled to israel and have several stamps fromIsraeli immigration. I go to Malaysia on my way to India every year and have never had a problem.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 03:09 PM

I realized that, read my second post. I believe you can enter with Israeli stamps, but NOT with an Israeli passport.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:18 PM

If I had any remaining doubts I'd contact my nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate.

It appears that citizens of the USA (assuming that's you) and many other countries are entitled to a 3-month visa-free visit. But again, I'd want to go to the horse's mouth to get confirmation of that. I just checked the Malaysian immigration department's website and found it remarkably uninformative - the information above came from an unofficial site, www.cockatoo.com/malaysia/
e-02trav/em-tra10.htm
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:03 PM

This question has come up before. Someone spoke up and said they had entered Malaysia without problems despite the Israeli visa stamps.
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 09:28 PM

Nationals of Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, China (PR), Colombia, Congo (Dem Rep), Congo (Rep), Côte D'Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, India, Iraq, Israel, Latvia, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Serbia & Montenegro, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Western Sahara require a visa to enter Malaysia.

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/coun...NAV_SubRegion=
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 02:00 PM

I don't know what to say. I have four guidebooks to Malaysia (includint Lonely Planet and Footprint) and they all say Israeli citizens are not allowed to enter Malaysia. If I were traveling with an Israeli passport, I would contact the Malaysian Enbassy and ask.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Okay, on the same site that celeste60 put a link to, it says this:

Nationals of Israel and Serbia & Montenegro require special approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs, and must be travelling for a special reason.

this is in the first paragraph.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 09:09 PM

Before someone else posts on people with Israeli passports, is should be noted that the OP IS NOT FROM ISRAEL and does not carry an Israeli passport. The OP has BEEN TO Israel and has stamps in his/her passport indicating this. The OP was concerned that this might mean she/he won't be allowed into Malayasia. As other posters have noted, this is not the case.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 12:57 PM

I didn't think the OP was from Israel either but on another thread by the same OP, she says they will be coming from Israel after their wedding, so not really sure. One thing is for sure, after the initial post, the OP has been very quiet on this thread.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 01:43 AM

I was wondering about this - I have a US passport but I was born in Israel (it says so on the passport). Would I have problems entering any of the above countries?
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 03:02 AM

The best way to find out is simply to ask the countries concerned - phone their consulates if the answer isn't clear from their web sites. In the case of Malaysia, though, it seems quite clear - US citizens are allowed a 3-month visa-free entry. All countries reserve the right to deny entry on such grounds as criminal records, but I doubt that any discriminates between US citizens on the basis of their birthplace.
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 08:20 PM

we were on a cruise ship which docked at Kemaman Port in Malaysia in January and the three Israeli citizens onboard were not allowed to disembark at that port. Of course, there was a huge outcry onboard (lots of jewish passengers) but it didn't help.