Reload this Page >

Park Hotel-Chiang Mai

Search

Park Hotel-Chiang Mai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 07:53 AM
Muni

Park Hotel-Chiang Mai

Hello! <BR> <BR>Can anybody tell me anything about ParkHotel in Chiang Mai? Is it nice, clean, safe, and nearby major sightseeing activities and shopping? Please let me know. <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR>Muni

Old Aug 6th, 2004, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know about this hotel?
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 02:16 PM

We stayed there and can give it a very good rating for cleanliness, service, and food. It is on the main street, south from the Night Market with all its noise and congestion. Gorgeous lobby with marvelous floral arrangements, excellent parking facilities, and rooms about $35 double, depending on time of year. Use your browser and look under Chiang Mai Hotels -- there is a map showing location of all main hotels, prices, amenities, etc. We give Park Hotel a thumbs-up.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:41 AM

USNR-- how long ago did you stay there?

Gloria
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 03:26 PM

We stayed two nights. Our tour guide arranged to have our laundry done by a young man who picked it up and brought it back, all neatly pressed and wrapped. Great city for sightseeing, marvelous temples of gold and jade, Buddhist seminaries, shopping (don't miss the Night Market -- it's a madhouse), a factory where teak furniture is made (we bought a carved teak table and had it shipped home and it arrived in 60 days exactly on time and without a scratch), factories where they make umbrellas of bamboo and paper, jewelry craftsmen, etc., etc. Excellent dinner with jazz musicians by the river at night. Had been to Chiang Rai and visited some hill tribe villages, elephant &quot;schools,&quot; floated down a river on a bamboo raft, very hospitable people everywhere. One of our best trips of all time, splendid guide, all organized by Overseas Adventure Travel, Cambridge, MA -- you might check their web site.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM

As has been expressed before, a number of us feel that Chiang Mai has far more to offer than Bangkok in nearly every area!
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 06:16 PM

as many of us have said before we see little or no value in a visit to chiang mai.....everything available there is available in bangkok...it is overrated in my opinion....i have tried to like it but find it dull...sorry
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 05:26 AM

I liked Chiang mai a lot more 20 years ago but I still think it can be fun for a few days. And I think it is very different from Bangkok. If you (rhkkmk) mean that all the products available in CM are available in Bangkok, I would agree. But I don't go there to shop.

Gloria