I am a Thai Post Graduate student studying in England.
I'm currently writing my dissertation and require your thoughts, experiences and opinions on Thailand as a Tourist destination.
My dissertation topic hopes to challenge how Thailand is portrayed through the media and as a result viewed by tourists. Moreover I wish to know of your own (as tourists') experiences in the country and how they affected your opinion on Thai culture. If you're a reader whom hasn't been to Thailand, your insight is just as valuable to me as collecting various people's opinions is crucial to my research.
Secondary research has confirmed to me that Thailand is seen by many, as a beautiful and culturally enriched country that many people visit for this purpose alone. However my research has also confirmed that Thailand is portrayed and seen as a sex tourist destination. By this I mean a country in which people visit for the purpose of sexual intercourse.
The published sources from which I discovered these findings are what I wish to challenge in my dissertation.
As previously mentioned above I want to know all about your opinions of and experiences in Thailand. So that I can discover my own findings from real people such as yourselves and see if they relate to and/or counter my previous research.
If you could also share your opinion before and after you've arrived in Thailand, that would be greatly appreciated. (readers whom have been to Thailand)
If you wish to discuss this topic on a one to one basis i can provide my email upon request.
I also have a 5 minute Questionnaire I would love for you to complete, however I don't wish to post the link incase my post is removed. So please ask me to provide a link to you through email.
Thank You very much for your time and help. It is very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ESET 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACT ESET Techh care
- 2 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 3 6 Days in Thailand
- 4 9 days in Japan in April
- 5 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 6 12 days in Cambodia January
- 7 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 9 Internet in SE Asia
- 10 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 11 Wat Arun
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 14 Question re. fees at BOM
- 15 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 16 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 17 Spa Bangkok
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 20 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 21 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 22 need your help with japan itinerary
- 23 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 24 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 25 4 DAYS in KERALA...