I'm planning a trip to Japan in February, our second to the country. After a few days in Tokyo, my husband and are planning to head toward the Nagano area. We will probably have about 4 nights there. We hope to be able to see the snow monkeys (de rigeur) and generally soak up the atmosphere of the onsen villages and mountains. We will not be skiing due to an injury my husband sustained last ski season, but are planning to snowshoe. We love hot springs, but I will be in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, so won't be able to enjoy more than a quick dip. As a result, we're hoping to stay in a spot that is lovely both in and out of the baths. We're happy to change locales rather than spending all 4 nights in one spot. In my reading, a few locations that have popped up have been Shibu, Nozawa, Yuzawa, Shibu, Kusatsu, Hakuba. And thoughts about these spots or others?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 2 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 6 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 8 need your help with japan itinerary
- 9 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 10 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 11 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 12 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 13 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 14 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 15 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 16 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 17 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 18 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 19 Wat Arun
- 20 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 21 Miyajima Island
- 22 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 23 Vientiane to LP December
- 24 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 25 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December