Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/online-hotel-booking-scam-999389/)

travelbugsg Dec 3rd, 2013 09:12 PM

ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM

I have booked a hotel reservation thru WWW.HOTEL-REZ.COM in March this year.
However, when I try to change the booking, there was no contact available by telephone, email or any other way. No one answers the telephone call and no one reply to my email till this day.
However when I cancel the booking, I immediately get a reply that cancellation is accepted and there is no refund.

I got charge for the hotel and is unable to get any refund !

I urge all to be wary of booking thru WWW.HOTEL-REZ.COM .

crellston Dec 3rd, 2013 10:40 PM

Why didn't you check the terms and conditions before booking? Caveat emptor

MissGreen Dec 4th, 2013 01:21 AM

I know a few accommodation websites that don't accept cancellations or changes. Gotta read the fine print.

kmkrnn Dec 4th, 2013 01:40 AM

Call your credit card company

NoFlyZone Dec 4th, 2013 03:58 AM

I hate having to defend a hotel booking site but the fault here rests with the OP. Did a test booking and on the payment page they present the cancellation provisions and then require the user to acknowledge by checking "I agree to Terms and Conditions and understand Cancellation Policy."

Kathie Dec 4th, 2013 05:33 AM

Your credit card company will not refund your money just because you didn't read the conditions of the booking.

I notice this is your first post. Perhaps you are a novice traveler and haven't booked online before. It was an expensive lesson, but now you know to read all of the fine print before giving your credit card info.

Also, despite how you tagged this post, I seriously doubt that you booked a hotel in North Korea on this site.

jacketwatch Dec 4th, 2013 08:10 AM

The following is from their website inre to cancellations;

What is the cancellation policy on my reservation?
When you are completing the Secure Lodging Reservation Form, the Cancellation Policy will be provided in red or there will be a link to read the cancellation policy. You can also view the property information page to find the cancellation policy. These policies will vary from lodging to lodging, so you must read each one carefully. In general, the standard increments are that you must cancel the room(s) by 4 or 6 PM on the arrival date, or 24, 48, or 72 hours prior to your specified arrival; however, these are just general guidelines and the specific policy of the property will prevail. If you cancel before the deadline, generally you will not be charged a penalty by the lodging provider. Canceling after the stated period will result in a cancellation penalty fee from the lodging provider. Some reservations are non-refundable and cannot be cancelled after booking.

If the cancellation is outside of the time allotted, you may be charged for one night's stay including tax recovery charges and service fees. Please read the specific cancellation policy provided for each property on the site and in any emails regarding your reservation.

It does say some reservations are non-refundable. I think you need to read the policy specific to the property you booked. Good luck.