Notices

one day stop over in S Korea

Apr 25th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Original Poster

one day stop over in S Korea

I will have about 10 hours between my flight from Bangkok to LA, and wanted to know what my husband and I could manage doing in S korea in that time. It will be from 9am-7pm.
Apr 26th, 2007, 05:28 AM

Take a look at my ongoing report; the Seoul section is finished. You can take a bus from the airport into Seoul; the ride is aabout 90 minutes each way. Take the bus to the stop nearest the main palace, take the English-speaking tour of the Palace and then walk over to the Insadong section for all of the craft shops and tea shops. Then take a taxi to DTF where you will eat amazing dumplings and other Chinese food in a branch of a place rated among the world's best by the New York Times. Or eat in Insadong at one of the little places along the side streets.

Or go over to the Noryangin Fish market and have lunch there...

You can really have a nice day in Seoul with that amount of time.

The airport is really arresting architecturally; they offer free internet for transit passengers in the transit lounge upstairs. And there are tons of duty-free shops, most of which are filled with cigarettes and high-end "brown" liquor (cognac, scotch, etc)
Apr 27th, 2007, 07:53 AM

Considering the time from/to the airrport, DMZ tour may be on an ambitous side. Inchon is a nice, modern airport, with good amenities. I might consider massage and sauna, either at the airport or one of the places downtown.

Once you get to Seoul Stn via limousine bus, the city is easy to navigate with the subway network. Go wonder around palaces, check department stores in Myoeng Dong (also good and tourist-friendly restaurants), and browse through Insa Dong (great galleries, tea shops and more restaurants). You'll need to get on a limousine bus before the evening traffic peak.

Search this Thread