Notices

One Day in Singapore

Jan 28th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

One Day in Singapore

I will travelling to Shanghai, with a one day layover in Singapore, I place I have never visited. Any advice on what to see, where to stay (at least location wise), and a good place for dinner?
Jan 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM

Orchard Rd is the most popular area to stay in, being close to the shoppping strip. Singapore is quite compact, so if you stay in any other area, it will be easy to get around by MRT.

Dinner: you can find any cuisine in Singapore - huge range and variety of restaurants! For a very Singaporean experience, try the seafood restaurants on the East Coast for Singapore chilli crab or black pepper crab. Dinner is outside and fairly casual (do not expect decor, air-con or rarified service), but the food is great! And you can have a very local experience.

Sight-seeing: really depends on what you are interested in, but if it's your first time, it's nice to walk around the city. Fodors has some recommended walking tours. If you are interested in history, there is a museum Singapore's heritage on Sentosa Island.

Search this Thread