Asia Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcements:
  • Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Dec 4, 17 at 08:03 PM
  • New Fodor’s forum -- coming soon!
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Nov 29, 17 at 08:01 PM
View all Asia activity »
  1. 1 Property Projects in Pakistan
  2. 2 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
  3. 3 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
  4. 4 La crema Psoridex funziona? Leggi la recensione e l'esperienza di chi ...
  5. 5 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
  6. 6 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
  7. 7 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
  8. 8 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
  9. 9 Trip Report RHK's Fall SEA Trip
  10. 10 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
  11. 11 Restaurants in Bangkok
  12. 12 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
  13. 13 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
  14. 14 Sulawesi
  15. 15 Racism danger in Cambodia?
  16. 16 8 Days in Bali
  17. 17 two health related questions
  18. 18 Princess Cruise
  19. 19 Best day trip from Phuket
  20. 20 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
  21. 21 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
  22. 22 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
  23. 23 Kata Beach
  24. 24 meow?
  25. 25 Trip Report Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
View next 25 » Back to the top

Once again, possible Nepal backup

Jump to last reply

Hi everyone,
I promise to write a trip report in thanks for all your responses to my questions. We are still hoping for Nepal, have back up reservations for Luang Prabang, but I found out this morning that I had read incorrectly and that Luang Prabang is at 100 meters and not 1000 meters as I had thought (read figure for province not city). I had very bad reaction this summer going from zero to 10,000 feet, so would prefer to spend that week at 4,000-6,000.

Is there someplace nice in the Himalayan foothills in India we could go to easily from Bangkok? We know nothing about India and I don't want to give the country money right now, though I remind myself that the Indian govt is not the Indian people.

Thanks--decision time is next Sat night at 8 pm. We may just go to Dwarikas and hole up there and in Dhukhiel if things don't get worse and if we are not making these worse for Nepali

(we are going on to 16 day stay in Bhutan, with 5 day trek). I know--these are pretty privileged problems.

6 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement