Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   OK, let's see who's ready for a BKK GTG now! (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/ok-lets-see-whos-ready-for-a-bkk-gtg-now-778934/)

simpsonc510 Apr 14th, 2009 06:44 AM

OK, let's see who's ready for a BKK GTG now!

I'll be in the city from late Apr 21 until the wee hours of May 4 flight home. I'm up for a BKK GTG somewhere, for a drink and conversation. Who else is ready to meet up?
Carol

kuranosuke Apr 14th, 2009 08:44 AM

oh goodie, another gtg that i'll miss. lol.

filmwill Apr 14th, 2009 08:57 AM

Sounds like fun! I'll be supremely jealous if you manage another brunch at the Millenium. That food was utterly fantastic!

evelyne13 Apr 14th, 2009 10:53 AM

Hi Carol,
If my husband company let us go on april 18 (his work is related to canadian government so it is not easy to get the Ok) I will gladly have a drink with you. The Marriott resort and spa is a super place for that.
Will keep in touch.
Evelyne

simpsonc510 Apr 14th, 2009 12:31 PM

Evelyne
I agree, the Marriott is a great place to sit and chat over a cold beer or margherita! Let's hope we can do it!
Carol

LeighTravelClub Apr 14th, 2009 12:45 PM

Lynda and I will be in Bangkok on April 24th and 25th........then guess where we're going.....!!
Would LOVE to meet up with you.
Marriott would be fine with us....or anywhere else you prefer.

simpsonc510 Apr 14th, 2009 01:31 PM

How does sometime in the afternoon... say 3:00ish... on Friday the 24th of April sound to everyone? Marriott is fine. I'm not familiar enough with the setting to suggest an exact place. Someone else might be able to do that. I know that there was another GTG there once upon a time; Bob and Karen (Boston) met up with some fodors folks at a bar there. Seems like they mentioned a specific bar, but I don't recall which one.

Suggestions??

Carol

Gpanda Apr 14th, 2009 02:53 PM

Bob and I would love to be there to meet ald and new friends. Perhaps in 2011. Next year in Bali.

evelyne13 Apr 14th, 2009 04:20 PM

I had a drink at the Elephant bar inside the hotel or there is a pool bar /restaurant with tables also which is very nice.

simpsonc510 Apr 14th, 2009 06:00 PM

April is theeeee hottest month of the year in Bangkok, so maybe the Elephant Bar inside the hotel would be better than something outside by the pool... just my opinion... what do others think?
Carol

Trackcoach Apr 15th, 2009 07:35 AM

We don't get into to Bangkok until late April 30. Would like to meet some ppl after that. We are also totally oblivious to where anything is, so it would have to be explained to us.

simpsonc510 Apr 15th, 2009 08:20 AM

Trackcoach...
Would love to catch up with the two of you! You'll be jetlagged for a couple of days, which makes afternoon GTG's a better bet than, say, a dinner somewhere. Have you said where you are staying? I can't recall...

Carol

LeighTravelClub Apr 15th, 2009 11:49 AM

3:00ish... on Friday the 24th of April is great for us...at The Marriott. Very much looking forward to meeting The Simpsons and any other Foderites who are able to make the GTG.
As for exact meeting point.......maybe rhkkmk can offer some advice. Bob, where would you choose?

simpsonc510 Apr 15th, 2009 12:24 PM

Bob and Karen are in Argentina right now, but I'll bet we get an answer... I'll email him and ask him to reply to this thread.

The Simpsons will be myself and hopefully DS, bradinbangkok, who is in the city now and should be available to join us (although it IS the day after his big birthday bash at Tawandang)....

Carol

simpsonc510 Apr 15th, 2009 01:47 PM

Anyone else? What about mango?

MichaelBKK Apr 15th, 2009 06:21 PM

I'm home in Bangkok, but only for a little while. I'll be in KL from the 21st to 24th. On the 25th I'm visiting a school for a donation, then touring Siam Winery. I'm free from the 26th to the 1st, when I'm off to Bali, Komodo and Jakarta.

simpsonc510 Apr 15th, 2009 06:46 PM

Michael, you really do get around!! We may or may not find time to chat this time I'm in the city. As guenmai would say, "Happy travels."
Carol

evelyne13 Apr 16th, 2009 06:35 AM

Hello Carol and Leigh Travel Club
I finally got the OK to go on our trip, so I am leaving from montreal april 18 will be at the Marriott Resort and Spa from the 19 to the 27, then to HongKong and Tokyo, just can't wait... the gift trade show we are attending is from the 21st to 23rd so I am available on the 24th if it is still ok for drinks, if you want to contact me by email at [email protected] , once I am in bangkok I could give you my room number and reconfirm.
Hope to see you all in Bangkok.

kuranosuke Apr 16th, 2009 09:24 AM

michael, how do i book a tour to the siam winery?

simpsonc510 Apr 16th, 2009 09:55 AM

Evelyne
Have a good flight! I'm glad you got your trip approved. We will see you on the 24th!

Carol