Off to Bkk and Laos

Jul 26th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Off to Bkk and Laos

Hi everyone, We are off to Bkk and Udon Thani and then into Vientiane and Luang Prabang for a couple of weeks. Then back to Bkk for a bit longer.

I'll report back but if any one wants specific info let me know very soon. Off tomorrow! Will check out the hotel in LP as requested by FromDC.

Regards Mary
Jul 27th, 2005, 05:18 AM

Thanks, Mary. Have a terrific time. Please fill us in with lots of details when you return. Best wishes for safe travel.
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:49 AM

have a nice trip....make sure you eat at L'elephant in LP---its the one on the side street near to the river---NOT ON THE MAIN STREET... also visit sandra yuck at caruso lao on sakaline rd #60 (farang way)---the best shop in LP----also visit the silk co-op outside town...
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:57 AM

Happy travels. I am looking forward to your impressions of Luang Prabang and Vientiane, where we are heading too later this year, in Nov.
Jul 28th, 2005, 12:03 PM

Have a great time. Looking forward to your info on Udon Thani and Isaan. My brother had a great time there.
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:27 PM

I'm also off to Laos soon...leaving tomorrow for Bangkok. I'll report back later. Mostly, I'll be in Luang Prabang, with some river trips up north. I'll also be visiting Vientiane.

Mary, Have a great trip!
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, will try and get as much info as possible - but not a chance of rivalling Bob!!!!!

We are sort of repeating our last years route so it will be very interesting to see how things are changing - especially Vientiane which has had 2 Asean meetings since we were last there - I believe that they have been doing a lot of clearing up.

Will definitely eat at L'Elephant - it was great before. Haven't been to the silk co-op but to another village so am definitely going to head to the co-op.

Mealea - enjoy your trip too. Are you staying at Satri House? If you are still in LP from 9th August please look us up at the 3 Nagas.