Off-season Thailand?

Mar 3rd, 2004, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Off-season Thailand?

I usually hang out at the Latin America forum since that's where I live and do most of my work-related travel, but I've decided this is the year to visit Thailand.

I won't have the luxury of going during the ideal Nov.-Feb. season with minimal rain and heat, but have some flexibility otherwise. So my question is, how much a hardship is it to go during the periods of heavier rain and/or higher heat? I'm no stranger to a long tropical rainy season, but when you live and work in such conditions, you can minimize your exposure to the elements in a way that you can't when you're sightseeing.

Thanks much for any insight!
Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:54 AM

I spent April on the west side of Thailand in the Andaman Sea. If you can go in March or April you can still enjoy good weather there. It will be hot and humid no matter when you go because it is a tropical country, so if you're used to that it probably won't bother you.

Koh Samui is another possibility. The rainfall is lowest there between February and August. Check out these websites-

Rain:
http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...99+1102+48551W

Temperature:
http://www.worldclimate.com/cgi-bin/...99+2100+48551W
Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:35 AM

i'm trying this year in may and june...in past have always gone in nov/dec time frame....looks to be good weather...i think late aug and september and early oct can be tough...look for jamesA to give you the best answer on this
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information, rhkkmk and brotherleelove. It's very helpful. Koh Samui sounds intriguing.

Search this Thread