Japan Oct 19
Arrived quite late on Jetair from Taipei to Osaka. Didn’t realize that Japan is an hour ahead had booked a capsule hotel, which is something I have read about and wanted to try, it is a very Japanese concept. The subway stations are enormous and woe if you use the wrong exit, which I did. It took me a little while to find the hotel which is smack in the middle of Dotonbori, Osaka’s version of Times Square.
Reception is on the fifth floor, which is also the women’s floor. I check in and receive a key to my locker which has the same number as my pod. A bootle of water, some apple jelly and a choice of a gift. I selected an item for sore feet. After check in you remove your shoes and take a pair of slippers, this is a locked cubby. The locker key unlocks the door to the locker room and pod section. There is space for your suitcase with another lock provided. In my locker there is a bag with pajamas, towels and toothbrush. I put my hand luggage in and go to check out the rest. If you can imagine a wide corridor with black curtains half way down openings two high, on the unoccupied pods. I am gratefully in a lower one. All the pods have a TV, USB outlets, alarm clock and climate control. There is a pillow and a comforter on the mattress which is probably closer to a double. The ceiling is high enough that I can sit comfortably and type this.
The bathroom which consist of these miraculous Toto toilets that does everything except dress you. Showers and more lotions and hair preparations than you can imagine for the women to use. There is also a separate room to sit and apply make up. All very impressive even if I would not want to make a habit of staying in Pod Hotels.
Am very tired and go out for a bite to eat at a conveyor belt sushi restaurant. Some of it very good some not so great but the bill was $13 not much point in complaining about that. Time to go to bed and I ended up having the best uninterrupted sleep so far on this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/invictus-elite-burn/
- 2 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 5 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 6 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 9 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 10 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 11 Vientiane to LP December
- 12 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 13 5 days in Singapore
- 14 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Shanghai in January
- 17 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 18 Myanmar tour companies
- 19 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 20 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 21 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 22 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 23 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 24 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 25 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas
Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
Japan Oct 19