Japan Oct 19
Arrived quite late on Jetair from Taipei to Osaka. Didn’t realize that Japan is an hour ahead had booked a capsule hotel, which is something I have read about and wanted to try, it is a very Japanese concept. The subway stations are enormous and woe if you use the wrong exit, which I did. It took me a little while to find the hotel which is smack in the middle of Dotonbori, Osaka’s version of Times Square.
Reception is on the fifth floor, which is also the women’s floor. I check in and receive a key to my locker which has the same number as my pod. A bootle of water, some apple jelly and a choice of a gift. I selected an item for sore feet. After check in you remove your shoes and take a pair of slippers, this is a locked cubby. The locker key unlocks the door to the locker room and pod section. There is space for your suitcase with another lock provided. In my locker there is a bag with pajamas, towels and toothbrush. I put my hand luggage in and go to check out the rest. If you can imagine a wide corridor with black curtains half way down openings two high, on the unoccupied pods. I am gratefully in a lower one. All the pods have a TV, USB outlets, alarm clock and climate control. There is a pillow and a comforter on the mattress which is probably closer to a double. The ceiling is high enough that I can sit comfortably and type this.
The bathroom which consist of these miraculous Toto toilets that does everything except dress you. Showers and more lotions and hair preparations than you can imagine for the women to use. There is also a separate room to sit and apply make up. All very impressive even if I would not want to make a habit of staying in Pod Hotels.
Am very tired and go out for a bite to eat at a conveyor belt sushi restaurant. Some of it very good some not so great but the bill was $13 not much point in complaining about that. Time to go to bed and I ended up having the best uninterrupted sleep so far on this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ZOHO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 9 days in Japan in April
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Question re. fees at BOM
- 7 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 8 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 9 Spa Bangkok
- 10 Internet in SE Asia
- 11 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 12 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 13 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 14 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 15 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 16 need your help with japan itinerary
- 17 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 18 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 19 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 20 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 21 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 22 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 23 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 24 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 25 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
Japan Oct 19