I loved the first few paragraphs of this article which reflects the advice old-timers here routinely give to newbies:
"In travel it is seldom acknowledged how routinely people pile on excess. And while this may not hold true on cruises or Club Med, where the biggest daily challenge is finding the proper level of SPF, among independent travelers the tendency is to take on countries, regions, continents, galaxies.
From the placid vantage of a laptop, the world looks manageable. In real time, the degree of travel difficulty unfolds in agonizing increments. Did I really think I could fit all that into a week? I did."
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 2 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 4 need your help with japan itinerary
- 5 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 10 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 11 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 12 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 13 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 14 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 15 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 16 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 17 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 18 Wat Arun
- 19 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 20 Miyajima Island
- 21 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 22 Vientiane to LP December
- 23 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 24 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 25 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko