NWA Coach or EVA Deluxe?

Old Dec 20th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NWA Coach or EVA Deluxe?

I posted this in the Airlines forum, with a few wonderful responses,(thank you rkkwan) but would like to get more opinions.
Which flight for a honeymoon to Thailand would you take:

#1 NWA COACH
Detroit-Tokyo
Tokyo-BKK
OR
#2 EVA Air ECON. DELUXE
Detroit-LAX on NWA
LAX-Taipei
Taipei-BKK

What I am asking is do you think we should put up with the stops in LAX and Taipei just to fly econ. deluxe or grin and bear it in NWA coach?

Or any other ideas would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 05:55 PM

How much more time will be added if you flew Eva? we just did the dallas to tokyo to bkk on american and thai air, in coach. it wasnt too bad it guess, but i dont know much abt eva except for some of my friend from paris took it to bkk and loved it! also how much more $$$$ will it cost?
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

oops forgot the price.

NWA is $1254
EVA is $896 plus for the $400 or so to get from DTW-LAX
so basically the same price.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 06:52 PM

It is your honeymoon. Go with Eva. The service is better than NWA.
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 07:24 PM

EVA belongs too continentals FF prograam and is a code share partner, check too see if you can get a connection with them....

Old Dec 20th, 2004, 07:44 PM

i have flown from boston 6 times on NWA...it is good service, but the planes are somewhat old....if you do nwa, request seats in rows 63-66 as they are the only 2 seat rows on the plane and in 63, our preference you get a huge area between the window seat and the window...an added bonus...my wife can lie down in that space and she is no tiny weeny....and age 60...

having said all this i am thinking about eva air for our next trip in the spring....it also goes from newark, did you know that??
we would try premium deluxe this time...billT on fodors speaks very well of it...

i have discovered that if you call eva air you get much more flexibility in scheduling and the price is only slightly more....they will fly you on codeshare from your city to newark for a reduced rate...

consider stopping for a day or two on the way over in LA, Seattle, or honolulu on NWA or LA and vancouver on eva....it breaks up the flight...its a killer in any case...but you will be excited so who cares....we take a sleeping pill on the transpacific leg...

have you checked out british air flying eastward??? also emerites air and malay air??? air france can also be cost effective sometimes...

eva is a continental F/F partner...

b/t/w on nwa we have never been held up for excess baggage on our return flight as we bring back tons of stuff way over our weight limit...
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 04:06 AM

We flew EVA Air to BKK and we are doing it again for our trip to Manila in Feb. We flew their Evergreen Deluxe Class and it was great-I'm 6'2" and appreciated the extra legroom and wider seats and of course they give better service than NWA.
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses!
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:55 AM

I've used and will return too US using EVA deluxe it's good but not great.. the extra inches makes a ton of diffrence but seriously the vidio entertainment is lame and the seats themselves are not like the busness seats airlines offer now a days.

ANA offers a much better premium econ product but only out of new york, maybe another US city (must check)

I'm returning too BKK ussing a free tick with delta and NWA on stright up economy.. I'm already stressing out over the whole ordeal... I LOVE FAR EAST ASIA but I wish it wasnt so darn far, ARGG
Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 05:56 AM

Granted its not exactly like true business class- but then again neither is the price. Its a good value if you are a tall/large person and need extra legroom and seat width.
If you really want true business class go ahead pay the big bucks!
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 09:04 PM

ttt for whoever was asking about EVA. Jusdt to add Evergreen de-luxe is 'NOT' a Business Class, it's an Economy/Coach service on the same lines as Virgin's Mid-Class, less seats across and more legroom.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 09:17 AM

Apply the law of deminishing returns. Start with the EVA Evergreen deluxe Class fare- say about $1200-1500 and then compare with true business class- $3000-4000. Now are you getting twice the benefit from that true Business class???? What are you getting for that extra $2000- better food, a nicer amenity kit, a little better seat, a bit more leg room, more personal service. Is it worth it? Its your call.
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 08:27 AM

ttt for Nellie