Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

number of visa photos for Laos, Cambodia and Thailand?

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are US citizens and we are leaving soon on a trip to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. We are flying into each country and will be obtaining visas when we arrive at the airports (Bangkok, Luang Prabang and Siem Reap).

How many "passport" photos do we need to bring for the visas: 1 or 2 for each country? I have read conflicting information. Do we even need to bring a photo for Thailand?

Also, we will be getting the multi-day pass for Angkor Wat. How many photos do we need to bring for the pass? Or do they require you to take a photo there?

Thanks!
Darren
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM

You don't get a visa for Thailand, you get visa-free entry, so no photos are required. The Officaial numbers of photos required are on the countries websites: one for Cambodia, three for Laos. In practice, I've seen it vary some. It never hurts to have an extra photo or two.

They now take your photo at the office wher you get your temples pass in Siem Reap.
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM

Kathie is correct. No photo for Thailand, one for Cambodia, none for an Angkor pass and three for Laos (two might do). Living in this part of the world, I always have a stack of passport/visa photos in my travel wallet. Never know when you'll need them.
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM

To save you a bit of money you can always have the photo take and printed in Bangkok. About 100 Baht($3) for a dozen.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 03:43 AM

Actually, I just print them myself from a digital photo of me taken against a plain background. Only costs a few baht for the heavy photo stock paper for the color laser printer at work.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:06 AM

You can do an e-visa for Cambodia and print it out two copies (one to enter, one to leave). It took about 3 days for mine to come in e-mail. It does save a line at the airport, but the line wasn't all that long when I went through.

Angkor Wat - they just snap your picture at the entrance gate. Its $40 for 3 days I think.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the helpful advice!