Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Novotel Peace Beijing or Novotel Xin Qiao?

Old Mar 20th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi !
I'm leaving in a month now , and still haven't found a hotel in Beijing:I had booked one , the Holiday Inn cEntral Plaza , but a Fodorite told me it was far from everything , so I cancelled the booking.
I now am considering both of these Novotels.
Which one is considered best?We'll be 2 adults and one teenager sharing a room , has anyone seen the rooms?Big , small , average?What about breakfast?good , bad , what is it like?
Thanks to you all !
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 09:57 AM

My wife and I stayed at the French run Novotel Peace Hotel in Oct. 2002. Would not hesitate to stay there again. We stayed in the east wing (4 stars); the west wing at that time was rated 3 stars. The western/Chinese buffet breakfast was wonderful! The room size is average (definitely not small) -- window glass from ceiling to floor level. The bed was extremely hard; it took us a few days to get used to. We understood that all beds in that hotel are hard. The location is excellent.

If you can get used to hard beds and if the hotel condtions have not changed from Oct, 2002, I heartily recommend Novotel Peace Hotel. You will also find that their room rates are relatively reasonable.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 06:12 PM

Novotel Xinqiao Hotel also has good locations and easy transportations, and it is close to the metro station, convenient to get other places.
I find some other information from www.elong.net. It also provides low rates and more selections. I hope it will help you to make decision.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

thank you guys!
Actually , we have booked the Novotel Peace , because they were the first ones to answer my enquiry email ,and so charmingly too!
We first had found the Holiday Inn Central PLaza which seems very nice , but another kind fodorite said it was quite far from city centre , that with the traffic it might take us even an hour to go all over to visit...so since my party and I are going for visiting , discovering , shopping , and we don't want to miss any of these , we'll go to the Novotel instead.And the "PEACE" name is somewhat attractive , isn't it?