My fiancé and I are getting married in November (cutting it close...I know) and are currently looking into honeymoons in Thailand. We would like to visit 2 cities/area while we are there; preferably Phuket/Krabi for some Beach R&R and then to Bangkok. We are not restricted by the number of nights in each place, but more so by budget. Our total airfare & hotel budget is ~$4000 for the trip (food & other incidentals not included). We are coming from Washington DC; or could also depart from NYC/JFK.
Hotel wise in Phuket, we are ideally looking for something non-touristy and not a big resort, while also being on the beach. In Bangkok we are sort of open as far hotels are concerned.
Is it possible (and worth it) to do both areas in one trip on that budget (we know we can definitely do one or the other)? Thanks in advance for all your advice and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AT&T 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Trip Report: Mid November, 1 night Okayama, 2 nights Naoshima
- 3 (Short) side trips from Singapore
- 4 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 5 DuoSlim Garcinia Review
- 6 DuoSlim Garcinia
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 9 days in Japan in April
- 9 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 10 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 11 6 Days in Thailand
- 12 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 13 12 days in Cambodia January
- 14 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 16 Internet in SE Asia
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Wat Arun
- 19 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 20 Question re. fees at BOM
- 21 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 22 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 23 Spa Bangkok
- 24 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 25 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia