Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Northern Thailand Roads? Info from Ratt (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/northern-thailand-roads-info-from-ratt-578779/)

coripep Dec 30th, 2005 02:02 PM

Northern Thailand Roads? Info from Ratt

Can anyone else tell me more about this?
Ratt emailed me this (below) info last night in response to my question about hiring a driver up north to go from "Mae Hong Son to Doi Mae Salong back to Chiang Mai"

Here is what Ratt told me:
"Because of flood last month in the north, many road was gone some part they
> repair for use in short time. They use log or laterite and make it only one
> side of road and now is winter time. It is foggy make laterite will be
> slippery, too dangerous to drive from Mae Hong Sorn to Mae Salong.
>
> You can take airplane fly back to Chiang Mai then drive form Chiang Mai to
> Mae Salong. The street like “U” and the bottom of U is Chiang Mai form Mai
> Hong Sorn to Mai Salong. It is quite bend and look like down form the hill"

koreaprincess Dec 30th, 2005 05:16 PM

Can someone please tell me who "Ratt" is? Is she a tour guide? I would like to find someone to take us to the Tiger Temple when we are in Thailand in a couple of weeks. Anyone? Anyone?

althom1122 Dec 30th, 2005 05:44 PM

Ratt is a driver rather than a tour guide. She's taken many Fodorites around Bangkok and environs - and is, for the most part, extremely well-liked. Use the search box, type in Ratt, and you'll find many, many threads.

rhkkmk Dec 30th, 2005 07:50 PM

ratt's address is:

[email protected]

koreaprincess Dec 30th, 2005 08:43 PM

Thanks much for the info. I will contact her. I particularly want to go to the Tiger Temple. Can she take me there?

hawaiiantraveler Dec 30th, 2005 09:09 PM

korea:
yes she can...just email hear

koreaprincess Jan 3rd, 2006 05:08 PM

Thanks much! Ratt is sending someone to pick us up at our ship. I've cancelled the expensive (and probably non-interesting) tour we had booked with the cruise line. She said they would hold up a sign. I hope so! Pat

rhkkmk Jan 3rd, 2006 06:16 PM

you will love her!!

Lyndie Jan 3rd, 2006 06:36 PM

Hopefully, she'll do what she's agreed to do. Not everyone on this board is a Ratt fan!

rhkkmk Jan 3rd, 2006 06:45 PM

lyndie---we will banish you again if you down-talk our ratt... just kidding....glad to see you back on board...

Lyndie Jan 3rd, 2006 07:38 PM

Hey, Bob-sometimes the devil just takes control of me & those fingers start typing. I'll try so hard to be good in 2006 but I will not make promises I cannot keep! Cheers!

monsoon99 Jan 5th, 2006 05:48 PM

We had a very unpleasant experience with Ratt's company. You can read my post under Ratt vs. Julie's taxi. Since I have not used Ratt herself, you may encounter problems. Our family used Julie's taxi, they were prompt, professional and kept their word. Their name may be deceptive but I think Julie's taxi is not just a taxi service. They have a website I think Julietaxi.com or juliestaxi.com. Good luck and have fun.