Nexus in Borneo?

May 12th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Nexus in Borneo?

Hi, has anyone been to the Nexus in KK? We are tossing up between Shangri La Rasa Ria (Tanjung has no beach, I'm told) and the Nexus - any info please...
thanks Mel1
May 13th, 2004, 09:13 AM

I haven't been to the Nexus, but I've seen good reviews of it.

We were tossing up between the Tanjung Aru and Rasa Ria for our holiday in Sabah last month and were SO glad we chose the Rasa Ria. We visited the TA briefly and you're right - it doesn't have a beach, whereas the RR has a fabulous one and although it's a smaller hotel, the grounds seemed far more extensive than at the TA.

If you click on my name, you'll find a couple of other threads on the subject and a link to some photos I took, but if you want any more specific info, please ask.

May 13th, 2004, 01:21 PM

Hi,
We stayed at the tanjung aru in march,and it HAS !!!got a beach.
The beach at the hotel is not very big,but just down from the hotel is the main public beach of tanjung aru,and it is lovely,we enjoyed some great early morning runs along it. There are also the islands,only 5 mins by hotel boat.5 beautiful islands,with crystal clear turquoise waters.
We went to the rasa ria for a day,to visit the orangutan sanctuary,and although the rasa is a lovely hotel,and yes,the beach is really nice[apart from the boiling hot sand],we were glad that we had chosen to stay at the tanjung. We really loved the location,and the islands were really great,excellant snorkling,and some good hiking trails .Which ever hotel you pick ,i'm sure you will have a fantastic time,of the many places we have visited ,Borneo is our fav destination so far!!!
sue
May 13th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

thank you both for answering... I must admit I'm still up in the air as to which to choose tho!
We have kids, don't care too much about being close to town, but do want an upmarket hotel with good service and amenities..thanks

Search this Thread