I have my hotels (all but one last night along the MHS loop).
I have my intra-country flights all squared away. Bangkok to CM, CM to Krabi, Krabi to Bangkok.
Now, to decide on my last night along the MHS loop and then decide if I want to drive myself or be driven (and logistics around having a driver).
I am taking four days to do the loop.
First stop will be Hotel des Artistes in Pai for one night.
Fern Resort in Mae Hong Son for two nights
LAST NIGHT - where?
When I wake up from my last night on this drive, I have to drive to Chiang Mai in time to make a 1230 flight to Krabi. I guess that means I should be at the airport at 1030 AM to give me time to drop the car and get inside and checked in. A three hour drive would be fine but closer would be better. It would be nice not to feel rushed to get to the airport.
As far as having a driver, how does that work? I would expect a driver for four days would be quite expensive - or do you just hire someone new at each destination? And if I do get a driver, how much would I expect to pay - is it on par with a rental car, more, less?
Should I rent a car instead? I typically rent in Europe (including the UK when I've been outside London) and it's no problem even when alone.
Kop Koon Kah, again!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HOTMAIL @ I8OO*68I*72O8 password reset CONTACT HOTMAIL Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 4 Internet in SE Asia
- 5 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 6 6 Days in Thailand
- 7 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 8 Wat Arun
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 9 days in Japan in April
- 11 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 12 Question re. fees at BOM
- 13 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 14 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 15 Spa Bangkok
- 16 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 17 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 18 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 19 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 20 need your help with japan itinerary
- 21 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 22 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 23 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 24 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 25 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?