Notices

New to Asia

Nov 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

New to Asia

My husband and I have travelled through USA, Central and South America and parts of Europe. We feel ready to try Asia. Would appreciate any suggestions and ideas where to start. We are not night people and enjoy a quiet and safe place. We love the beach. We are a blank slate when it comes to Asia so any and all help is appreciated.

Blanca
Nov 26th, 2012, 01:57 AM

I have to say that your question is too broad. Asia is huge, ranging from Japan to Australia/New Zealand and then west all the way to India. It's just impossible to tell you where to start.

You will find lovely beaches in most all places. For beaches, time of year would be the one thing we would need to know. For example, you don't want to go to the west coast of Thailand (Phuket) or the west coast of India in July when you will have a lot of rain. Conversely, a place like Beijing is freezing in February (although relatively untouristed if you avoid Lunar New Year). But Phuket beaches are lovely and dry then, while the east coast of Thailand has rain.

So if you can tell us what time of year, how long you have for the trip, and where you are coming from, that would probably get you better suggestions.
Nov 26th, 2012, 02:54 AM

time of year is among the most important decisions guiding your decision.

your budget is another big part... per day tollerance for hotels, food..

among the easiest are hong kong, thailand, singapore and bali.

personally i find thailand to be amongst the easiest and most interesting... it offers city, culture, exotic, fab foods of all kinds at reasonable prices, unbelievable hotels, great beaches, cheap and quality shopping and the nicest people you can imagine..

get a general fodors or frommers guidebook and read a bit and then come back here with questions...

we love to help and "advise"

Search this Thread