Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

New Chiang Mai Resort - Veranda Resort and Spa

Jun 30th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Original Poster

Spent the weekend, complimentary of AMEX and Thai Airways, at the Veranda Resort and Spa in Chiang Mai and have the following to share with my fellow Fodorites.

Rooms: We stayed in the Valley Deluxe room and found it to be just the right size for a weekend stay. Notable amenities were the JBL Ipod/Iphone dock, in room wireless Internet, huge bath tub, good a/c and huge king size bed. Tip for this type of room - sit on the balcony, smoke a cigar and crack the sliding door open just a little to let the cool air out(the a/c is good enough to do this with and the room temperature will not be affected).

Pool: The infinity pool next to the "Higher Room" restaurant is very nice. Quite large with a floating bed and the view from the edge of the pool is excellent.

The Resort itself: I would highly recommend that you have your own car or rental car if you plan to stay at this resort. It's about a 20 minutes drive from the airport and if you know your way around Chiang Mai the resort is near the Belle Villa resort and the Night Safari.

Have pictures uploaded at: http://khun-pook.smugmug.com/ click on the Amex.. gallery
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:13 AM

Hanuman
Spooky i found this one yesterday when i was looking up the Hua hun one. I thought its looked a bit out of town. Looks gorgeous on the web, sill check out your pics...
Jun 30th, 2008, 06:48 AM

The pictures make it look a little like the Four seasons outside Ubud.
Jun 30th, 2008, 07:02 AM

The place looks lovely, Hanuman!

I'll pass on the cigars.
Jun 30th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Smeagol,

Definately out of town and even though they have shuttle buses going into down town CM I would suggest a rental car instead.

Andy,

Some of the villa units do look a little like the villas at the FS Sayan. We stayed in the most basic room but our friends got the presidential villa and it looked very nice.

Kathie,

There's nothing better than a cigar and fine wine!