I was all set to take a chance and go to Nepal with just the aftershocks and knowledge that some things would be damaged.
Was planning on going Mid Oct for 5 days in a few weeks. Simple quick visit - Kathmandu, couple nights, then try to get out for a quick trek and stay in mountain lodge or 2 (see the mountains, see some interesting little villages...) Pokhara area perhaps.
I just found out that there is a lot of unrest and protests because of the constitutional changes, which I guess were signed yesterday! 9/21/15. Reading newspapers and looking around I just can't really figure out if I should skip it. US dept of state recommendations and warnings are not very specific so not a ton of help in this case.
Anyone over there that can give me a clue if I should skip or go? I already will be near there in India so I can't change this to a later date for this trip.
If I can't go, any other ideas of how to get that mountain experience in India (Darjeeling?).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NEED A FLIGHT VOLUNTEER
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 7 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 8 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 9 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 10 Wat Arun
- 11 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 12 Miyajima Island
- 13 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 14 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 15 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 16 Vientiane to LP December
- 17 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 18 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 19 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 20 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 21 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 22 5 days in Singapore
- 23 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 24 Shanghai in January
- 25 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest