Last April I booked a trek in Tibet through a Nepali Agency, of course TAAN registered. It seemed they had a good reputation and they have several Trip Advisor reviews. We paid 35% of the total amount as a booking deposit. We have the Invoice, the Service Voucher and the Cash Receipt from the Agnecy. Booking conditions foresee a 40% fee on this deposit in case of cancellation because of our own reasons until 5 days before departure.
Foreseen departure is September 17th and unfortunately Tibet is now closed and it is likely it will be in September as well. No deposit refund policy was clearly stated before in this case.
Now we are discussing about alternative treks in Nepal. The Agent is giving us unbeliveable quotations for these treks, about 65% more than the quotation for same trek we now have from another "first class" Nepali agency. We well know this last one because supported us in a climbing trek last year, but unfortunately they did not have the Tibet program we were interested in.
We are now asking the Agent to refund our booking deposit, but he is taking time and it is clear that he does not want to give me back money. I am not sure at all that he will give me back even the 60% of the deposit which is due in case of cancellation by me. This is because the Agent is proving not to be reliable and honest in discussing the alternatives.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the refund of this deposit ? Is it possible to ask some Authority in Nepal ? We want at least to get back our 60%.
I avoid to publish the name of this Agency before the end of this story.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HP Installation\set-up Conatct 1800:681:7208 Hp Printer Tec*h care
- 2 6 Days in Thailand
- 3 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 4 9 days in Japan in April
- 5 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 6 12 days in Cambodia January
- 7 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 9 Internet in SE Asia
- 10 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 11 Wat Arun
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 14 Question re. fees at BOM
- 15 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 16 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 17 Spa Bangkok
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 20 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 21 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 22 need your help with japan itinerary
- 23 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 24 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 25 4 DAYS in KERALA...