Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Need recommendation for family hotel with kids club in Koh Samui

Need recommendation for family hotel with kids club in Koh Samui

Sep 11th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Need recommendation for family hotel with kids club in Koh Samui

I will be traveling with my husband and two toddlers (2 and 4) in November. We want to stay in Koh Samui this year. Last fall we stayed at Laguna Beach Resort in Phuket. We loved it b/c it had a kids club, great pools for the children, relaxed and helpful and doting staff. Also, we loved wandering off the property onto the beach at night to frequent some of the really casual restaurants along the beach.

Want to find a hotel with similar benefits in Koh Samui this year. Would appreciate recommendations. Don't want to eat at hotel every night -- so looking for something with lots for kids and relatively easy access (even by taxi) to dining away from hotel.

thanks.
Sep 11th, 2011, 10:54 AM

Hansar Samui

Is superb for families www.booking.com other options...

JW in Phuket has a kids club I saw not really sure about

others good deals there for me in the pas bidding

priceline.com usually from $70 or so...
Sep 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM

The PERFECT Samui beach for kids of that age would be ChoengMon. It is very shallow and protected, so you will be able to enjoy your time with them at the waters edge without having to constantly protect them from waves and steep drop-offs.

There are just enough dining options and facilities within strolling distance but not TOO MANY vendors and tailors to drive you crazy.

Not too many of the Hotels here have a kids club except the expensive Samui Beach Club... http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/karmasamui/

Another option would be http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/muangsamuivilla/ this is a beutiful new resort that was just being finished when we stayed at the Whitehouse, a few doors down, 2 years ago. It doesn't have a specific kids club but offers babysitting services by the hour at times that suit you, rather than be tied in to the kids club hours. Much less expensive than the Beach club and a better location in the best part of the beach.

A little cheaper, and older but still absolutely charming is http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/samui/boathouse/ still no kids club here, but with the money you save over the others, you could utilise their babysitting servives all day and still be in front.

Search this Thread