Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Need Indian Tour Operator (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/need-indian-tour-operator-266153/)

erin Oct 15th, 2002 03:49 PM

Need Indian Tour Operator

My husband and I are looking for a recommended tour operator you have used for a trip to India and Nepal. We are planning on staying for only a couple of weeks in Feb 2003. <BR><BR>I have tried using a tour agent based here in USA, but they are slow to respond and the prices seem a bit high (approx. $2500/person + airfare to India). This price did not include meals.<BR><BR>Appreciate your advice.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Erin

Chris Oct 19th, 2002 03:45 PM

Hi Erin,<BR><BR>Next week we'll be going to India for the 2nd time and using the same local tour company, Compass Tours and Travel. www.compasstoursandtravel.com I can't say enough good things about this company which was fortunate to find. Good luck, Chris

daniel Oct 20th, 2002 04:22 AM

Bonjour Erin<BR>we were in India (Rajasthan) last march and went to Travel Corporation india (TCI)for a 14 days tour with private driver around Rajasthan and other cities. We had excellent service at good price compared to other agencies. This agencie is mentionned in Michelin Neos guide(1999). The address is on Connaught circle in Delhi. For more infos. don't hesitate to write to me.<BR>Daniel

Tom Nov 6th, 2002 11:03 AM

www.compasstoursandtravel.com doesn't work. Do they have another website name?

Bonnie Nov 19th, 2002 04:58 AM

Greetings..Namaste...<BR> My name is Bonnie, and I am a American woman from New York presently living in New Delhi, India. I can beautifully and honestly help anyone create any type of custom-made India Journey, all-inclusive or otherwise, at a reasonable price. I have lived on and off the INDIAN Subcontinent for the better part of twelve years, traveling, volunteering, studying and working. I absolutely love this part of the world with my heart and soul, and I can easily and eagerly help anyone create their dream journey. Over the years, I have had various jobs in India and Nepal, but my favorite is working in the Tourism Industry and helping other Westerners see and discover the beauty and joy of the Subconinent..For the past seven years I have led GROUP TOURS to India and Nepal for various big U.S. Tour Operators. Now, with my endless contacts, experience, know-how, and passion for the land I am presently creating custom-made journies for individual or small group travel. Over the years, working as a American Tour Manager in India and Nepal,I have developed all the contacts and in every sector, experience on the ground level, knowledge of the reputable tour companies, familiarization with all the Hotels, modes of transportation,and a overall intimate knowledge of the terrain, as I have traveled up and down to almost every region of the course of twelve years.. I could really create for anyone a personal journey at a comparable or better price of those big group tours, and I really need to find a new outlet for my tremendous knowledge and enthusiasm for the subcontinet, being that that tourism is very very down....However, I have been living in India beautifully for the past year studying and writng, and I say, Please come, it is as safe as anywhere and more amazing then everywhere..!!!...<BR> One last word, I obviously absolutely love India, think it is the most fascinating country on earth, speak conversant Hindi, Urdu and Nepalese, am a student of the history, culture, religions, etc...I have traveled all over the world, but despite its chaos and challenges, I think India is the greatest country to travel in, and the most rewarding...,.I would love to work with anyine intersted in comming and I can create for you any jourmney imaginable. Please contact me, it has been a difficult year or so, and I am so eager to get people back to India and let them discover the wonderful land and endless beauty...Please contact me, Bonnie or &quot;Bonita&quot; at [email protected] or [email protected] looking forward to hearing from you..warm regards...Namaste...

Robin Dec 10th, 2002 11:16 AM

Hi!<BR><BR>Even I used this company Compass twice once for my parents tour and once for my tour. In the last one year I must have posted atleast ten messages on this guys and have myself seen fifty more recomending them - they must be doing their job consistently. I do not remember the website though but the email is [email protected] the guy is durjey.<BR><BR>cheers<BR><BR>robin

Beware Dec 12th, 2002 03:59 AM

Beware of &quot;self advertisments&quot; <BR><BR>yours in adventure<BR><BR>Beware