Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Need Help with Bangkok Airport Hotel (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/need-help-with-bangkok-airport-hotel-462925/)

nan_49 Jul 27th, 2004 03:22 PM

Need Help with Bangkok Airport Hotel

I will be traveling from the US and will arrive at Bangkok at 4:30pm. My next flight does not leave until 3am the next morning. I'd prefer to stay at a hotel in or attached to the airport. I'll need to collect my baggage in Bangkok.

How are the dayrooms in the Hotel in the airport? Will I be able to get to them if I have to get my luggage? What about the Amari Hotel? Do they offer deals for 7 hour stays?

I'm leaving in 3 days so any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Jul 27th, 2004 04:01 PM

You won't be able to get a day rate at the Amari - their rules are pretty strict and you will technically be staying "overnight". Don't know about any other short term stay options at the airport.

rhkkmk Jul 27th, 2004 07:00 PM

the rama gardens does have a day rate...don't know it, but i think it is on their website...?? allow about 1/2 hour each way...it is not far but the traffic is difficult and the roads are limited in access, especially on your return to the airport but there should be little traffic at that hour...

Lyndie Jul 27th, 2004 07:10 PM

The Asia Airport hotel is a comfortable but bland 3 star about 10 mins drive from airport. We stayed in April-US36 overnight or US26 for 6 hours (cannot be overnight). Free airport pickup & dropoff. Check out www.thai-hotels.com

Scotters Jul 27th, 2004 07:24 PM

There are day rooms in the transit areas of both terminals 1 and 2. The cost used to be around 1400 baht for a four hour period. They are well equiped but on the expensive side.

nan_49 Jul 28th, 2004 02:50 AM

Scotters,
Will I be able to get to the dayrooms in the transit area if I leave the transit area to retrieve my luggage?

JamesA Jul 28th, 2004 04:02 AM

The Transit rooms are withing the 'transit area', you would have to enter into Thailand, collect your baggage and then check-in for your flight. Which airlines are you on and routing? I would go for Rama Gardens, it's a short distance and it will be relaxing for you, far far cheaper than the Amari which is very expensive, it gives you a break to relax.

ThinGorjus Jul 28th, 2004 08:22 AM

I have stayed at the Amari. It is very convenient, but it is expensive. However, I am one to prefer convenience over expense. The Amari is attached to the airport terminal. It takes 5 minutes, via elevator, to reach the ticket counters. The Amari has a large swimming pool, a piano lounge, about 5 different restaurants, and shops. The TV in your room also has updates of all arrivals and departures at BKK.

I know nothing about Rama Gardens, but have seen it recommended here over the years.

nan_49 Jul 28th, 2004 04:35 PM

JamesA: I will be arriving on Malaysia Airlines and departing on Air China (or China Air) to Chengdu.