My mother is flying Chicago to Narita (American Airlines), then connecting to a Japan Airlines flight (also Narita) down to Okinawa. (This itinerary is all on one ticket.)
QUESTION 1: Baggage Claim
Her suitcase will be "checked" (or coded) at Chicago/O'Hare, all the way down to Okinawa.
However, I understand once she goes through Immigration at Narita, she will have to claim her bag.
American Airlines tells me she SHOULD be able to check her bag in the Baggage Claim area for her connecting flight.
Do you know if this is true? Or will she have to go up to departures to the JAL counter and check her bag there?
QUESTION 2: Check in - Connecting Flight; Go through Security?
As my mother (I believe) goes through Immigration in Tokyo (not Okinawa), will she have to Check in at the JAL counter (to get a boarding pass), and go through Security again? Or as AA and JAL appear to be in the same terminal, will she be able to somehow get a boarding pass and her gate information without going out to the arrival lobby, and up a level to JAL counter.
Thank you in advance. I'll ask at O'Hare, too, but if anyone has experienced a connecting flight in Tokyo to another airport in Japan, I'd appreciate the feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan escorted
- 2 two health related questions
- 3 Princess Cruise
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 6 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 7 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 8 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 9 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 10 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 11 Bago or Golden rock
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Bangkok
- 14 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 15 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 16 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 17 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 18 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 19 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 20 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 21 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 22 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 23 Sulawesi
- 24 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 25 8 Days in Bali