Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Nagoya Hilton help (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/nagoya-hilton-help-646445/)

Jiamei Sep 14th, 2006 05:32 AM

Nagoya Hilton help

I have recently joined the hilton hhonors program and would like to take advantage of the spouse stays free benefit. For the breakfast package, does anyone know if the spouse that stays free also eats free? If not is it worth upgrading to an executive room so that both can benefit?

KimJapan Sep 14th, 2006 02:37 PM

The rules are that with rates with breakfast included the spouse only stays free, you have to pay for breakfast. BUT, in my many stays at the Nagoya Hilton, whenever I have booked a rate with breakfast included, both my husband and daughter also have gotten breakfast coupons. I honestly don't know whether that is because it is their hotel policy or because we are frequent guests, though.

As Gold HHonors members, we have been upgraded to the executive floor on all but two stays there, both of which were during EXPO when the hotel was completely sold out day after day.

The extra you pay for the executive floor is much more than you would pay for one breakfast. You do get other benefits, though, that you might want to consider. Free use of pool and fitness center...if you are planning to use the pool and fitness center and are not yet Silver or Gold or Platinum, then you have to pay a fee (forget how much but not cheap) unless you are staying on the exec floor. All day coffee/tea/drinks, evening cocktails and canapes, afternoon tea service on weekends...all free in the exec lounge. On occasion, the exec floor issues coupons for discounts at the in-house restaurants.

The exec rooms are not really bigger or nicer than those on the regular floors, so I wouldn't count on a nicer room for the price. You would have to decide whether the benefits of the lounge service and no-fee pool and health club are enough to offset the extra cost.

Jiamei Sep 14th, 2006 06:09 PM

Thanks so much Kim, that's a great help! I think I might take a chance with the breakfast package. Worst case, we will just pay for one extra person. Would you happen to know how much the breakfast is?

KimJapan Sep 14th, 2006 06:43 PM

No, but it's not cheap...maybe 2000 or 3000 yen per person. It is very good though. Also check how much the difference is between a room for 1 person and a room for 2 people.

mrwunrfl Sep 15th, 2006 12:18 AM

The breakfast buffet available to the non-exec rooms is very good and worth the higher B&B rate.

I seem to recall that free h/s internet was a benefit of the exec floors.

Jiamei Sep 15th, 2006 04:26 PM

Thank you both for your responses, both very helpful! This forum is great!

I decided on the precious time package for 2 nights, just a standard room for 20,000 yen (vs 19500 for just bed and breakfast) and you do get a few extra benefits. The executive was 25000 for 1. For two people the price was 28000 (b&b) so I think it is definitely worth using the hhonors benefit.

Thanks again!