Notices

Myanmar visa question

Nov 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Myanmar visa question

Return to Burma coming up in January, so this week I made the trek to Phnom Penh to get my visa and the office was closed for the ASEAN summit meeting until the 22nd. Doh! So now I can either spend another 12 hours on the bus and try again, take my chances in Bangkok prior to the flight over, or use this agency for pre-arranged VoA.
http://www.myanmarvisa.com/index.htm#applicationform

Anyone used this recently? Makes me sorta nervous but the ease of use is very appealing.
Nov 16th, 2012, 08:54 PM

Hi Lori, Greetings from Java! You can get your visa in one day in Bangkok, but you must get there early with all of the paperwork completed plus visa photos, etc. There is a copy shop half a block away that has all the forms. Current advice on Thornree is to get there half an hour to an hour before the embassy opens.

The agency you link to has been reliable, as per reports on Thorntree, total charge is $70-90 for the visa. As I'm sure you know, accommodations are in very short supply in Burma right now. It seems that if you use that agency to reserve some accommodations and flights, the total visa charge will be less. You will want to reserve ahead. It may work best for you to simply call the places you want to stay.

Have a wonderful trip!
Nov 16th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

Hi Kathie, I hope you're enjoying Java. I hear they have good coffee there

I've got hotels and flights booked in Burma, staying the whole time at Inle, so no worries there. Thanks for the reassurance about the Pre-arranged VoA, I think I'm going to go that route so I don't have to spend an extra day in BKK standing in line and stressing over it.
Nov 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Great! Have a wonderful time, Lori.

Search this Thread