Taking off for Myanmar next week for two weeks. Will be in:
Ngapali (3 nts), Bagan (3nts), on a Paukan cruise (2nts), Mandalay (1nt), Lake Inle (4nts), Yangon (2nts).
We arrive very late on the first night (after midnight), and depart the following afternoon at 1 p.m. for Thandwe/Ngapali, so I am looking for a cheap but cheerful hotel with decent bfast near-ish the airport for 1 night. Any ideas on hotels or what area to consider staying in? Since we are traveling from NYC-PEK first, we'll be pretty tired, so I don't think we plan to do any Yangon sightseeing before that flight to Ngapali.
Also, any must-stop restaurant recommendations in any of the places I've listed above? I've gleaned one so far: Be Kind To Animals The Moon in Bagan.
I've read a lot of reports about people getting sick. Was it bad luck at certain restaurants or did some people drink the water? A mix of reasons?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 3 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 4 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 7 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 8 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 9 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 10 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 11 Vientiane to LP December
- 12 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 13 5 days in Singapore
- 14 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Shanghai in January
- 17 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 18 Myanmar tour companies
- 19 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 20 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 21 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 22 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 23 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 24 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas
- 25 Singapore Help