Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 3 DuoSlim Garcinia Review
- 4 DuoSlim Garcinia
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 9 days in Japan in April
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 9 (Short) side trips from Singapore
- 10 6 Days in Thailand
- 11 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 12 12 days in Cambodia January
- 13 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 15 Internet in SE Asia
- 16 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 17 Wat Arun
- 18 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 19 Question re. fees at BOM
- 20 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 21 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 22 Spa Bangkok
- 23 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 24 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 25 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
Hi Japan forum,