Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Most reliable car service from Bangkok's Inter. airport to hotels in May

Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be arriving at 4PM and will likely have luggage and cleared immigrations/customs by 5:30.
What is the most reliable car service for 2 persons and 4 bags to get to Peninsula via expressway? Where is it in Thai Airways Terminal? Should I reserve before leaving US and cost for relatively (2--3-2005) corolla/camry type sedan and driver? Thanks.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:08 AM

Stank-the peninsula will send a car for you, if you ask. There are cheaper ways. Bob likes AAC Limo. We've used Julie's Taxi and had good results. Just pick one and don';t worry. They have a great deal of experience doing exactly what you want. Also, even if things collapse, it's easy to arrange on the spot.

Also, I know you've been planning this trip for a very long time. You'll have a wonderful time. Thailand is a magical place.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:35 AM

RECOMMEND -
ASCEND TO AIRPORT DEPARTURES (2ND FLOOR) ON COMPLETING IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOMS THEN HIRE A METERED TAXI AT SET RATES. (TAXIS WILL ARRIVE TO UNLOAD DEPARTING PASSENGERS.
GOOD LUCK
BOB WALLACE
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:42 AM

I would just go straight to the Limo counter after baggage hall, limos 24/7, no waiting, no booking necessary, large sedans or Mercs, reasonable price, cash or c/card.
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:44 AM

I am also going to BKK in May, have booked inadvance for airport pick-up with Ratt's Service. She charges 500BHT plus toll road cost. You can check out her web site or e-mail her:
[email protected] or [email protected]
She normally replys' within 48 hours. Many people on this forum have used her and are very pleased.
Have fun in BKK

"The Pepper"
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:31 AM

as gpanda always says i use AAC limo and am very pleased with them....they are 800B to the penn from airport one way and double that round trip with a 10% discount if you ask for it...

you can arrange in advance or upon arrival...

they have a desk just inside the door on the left as you leave the terminal to the taxi area...

so do this...collect your bags....go through the customs area...go into big hall...turn left and walk as far as you can, through many people...follow signs to taxis....the desk will be just before you exit....many people will approach you but ignor them...don't engage in conversations or you will be delayed, keep moving...

aac will want cash....there are ATM's just past their desk....i use the bright yellow ones---fee free...

ride will be about an hour or less.

aac e address: [email protected]

the car will be a mercedes probably...
with 4 suitcases a taxi will not be large enough so you will need the limo sedan...plus if you have never arrived in bkk before you will need this extra effort..

if you make a reservation in advance, someone will hold a sign with your name on it after you exit customs and probably down to the left as described above...it is easy just follow the flow of things
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 06:51 AM

Taxis are typically very small, not big enough for more than two suitcases, IMO. It can get cramped!

The Pen does a fantastic job of picking up at the airport. I think we may have paid 1000 bht or more, but the car was very nice. We took the Rolls one time... cold water, cold wet towel, newspapers.... very plush.

If you opt for pre-arranged Pen pickup, just walk out the door from customs, turn LEFT and look for a Pen sign with your name on it. The car will be waiting at the door by the time you get there!!!

Taxis, by meter, are often under 300bt but you cannot rely on traffic at that time of the afternoon, so it might end up costing you more than you bargained for, plus the car is very small and with bags that don't fit in the trunk having to sit on the seat with you, can be quite uncomfortable.

Carol
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:52 AM

I always use one of the limo services at the airport. I never make reservations in advance, and I've always had prompt service. While some people do use Ratt or Julie taxi for airport pick-up, I can't see any reason to pay extra for them to pick me up in a taxi, when , if I wanted a taxi I could get one for less money right there. I want a larger sedan that will fit my luggage (we travel with four suitcases and two carry-ons) and both of us comfortably. If you use one of the airport limo services, their desks are right there, so there is never any question of them, not showing up!